TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dance of Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
George R.R. Martin latest in The Song of Fire & Ice series is
finally out.I had preordered it & it's due today.

I may yet live to see the final books of the series.

OD
I loved the series. Note the past tense. I'm sorry, but ten years is a bit much to make your fans wait for a book. That's when fans stop being fans, and decide to fawn over another author hehe.
I just got the book today and so far I love it! I only just recently started reading the series so I haven't felt the frustration that atramagus has.
Just finished reading....what cliffhangers! I hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to find out what happens.
OD
Just finished reading it myself. I thought it kinda drug in the middle a bit, but man it finished with a bang! Hopefully the guy will get out the other two books before he dies.

jhwedmd
Lol, yes... Thats the problem isnt it? It is such a great series, and we dont know when the guy will finish the damn thing!

Cheerio,
ST
I read it a couple of months ago. Had to reread the entire series first since it had been so long but boy was it worth it!
Part of GRRM's problem was that after Storm of Swords, there was going to be a gap in the series where 10 years would have passed (in the story, not in real time lol). However, after struggling with this corner he'd essentially painted himeslf into, he decided to scrap the idea and go back to the drawing board. Martin said he ended up referring to events in the 10 year gap with flashbacks, but it became too flashbacky. On his Not-A-Blog, he wrote over the years (when he wasn't blogging about book signings or the NY Jets) that he had to undo a "Merenese knot". Now after reading Dance with Dragons, it can be surmised that he had to get all the characters lined up and in the right place geographically.

That said, I hope he finishes sooner rather than later. He's the same age as Robert Jordan and we all know where Jordan is now. I doubt Martin has any notes and recordings to let anyone finish A Song of Ice and Fire.

On another note, anyone follow Leigh Butler's "Read of Ice and Fire" and "Wheel of Time Reread" on Tor.com?
(01-24-2012 09:22 AM)jordo Wrote: [ -> ]That said, I hope he finishes sooner rather than later. He's the same age as Robert Jordan and we all know where Jordan is now. I doubt Martin has any notes and recordings to let anyone finish A Song of Ice and Fire.
I read somewhere that he actually told the screenwriters of HBO's A Game of Thrones how the series ends, so at the very least, we should be ending the series one way or another. Still, though, I'm hoping he manages to write up the books before kicking it. I'm expecting to see a little more Osha in the last few books, as he actually said the show inspired him to write on her more.
I haven't started reading the series just to avoid the problem of forgetting what happened in previous books before the next comes out.

I'll wait till it is all done and then read them all through.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's