TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Bitten vs Meat Cleaver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The discussion on resilient got me thinking about ways to counter the Meaet Cleaver. I thought that one possible "counter" to the Meat Cleaver might be "Bitten," but its text says "Play this card on a Hero when they kill a Zombie in a fight. The next time the Hero would be wounded, instead they are turned into a Zombie Hero."

Since the Meat Cleaver's wording states that the zombie is instantly killed, and the FlyingFrogWiki states that the fight is NOT resolved, does this mean that a kill with the meat cleaver would be considered a non-Fight kill, or would "Bitten" be a valid response to death by meat cleaver?
What ? grrrr Bitten is my fav for Meat Clevers, chain saws, etc. Better is "This cant be Happening" really great for saws

Hedge Trimmer is still a torn for me, working on it Insane19
Ok, here is a question. Lets say I play "Undead Hate the Living" before any fight dice are rolled.

Undead Hate The Living
Fight:
Play this card to hate a Hero, forcing them to Re-roll any number of their Fight Dice (Zombie's choice).

Automatically, because it was played first, force the Hero to re-roll.

?????
I don't have the link, but that was asked over on the boardgamegeek forums, and no, Undead Hate The Living can't be played like that - it can only be played AFTER fight dice are rolled, but the "instant" nature of the Meat Cleaver/Hedge Trimmer means zombies don't get to play fight cards after the dice are rolled.
"Not Resolved" means that you don't follow that part of the rulebook for determining the outcoming of the battle. There was a fight, and the hero did kill a zombie in it. Play it!
Cool. That's what I had already assumed, but thinking about the verbage just made me curious Zombie17
Im going to agree that you had to swing the Meat Cleaver to fight/kill the zombie, and if "Bitten" was thrown, then while chopping through the Zombies neck you may have gotten a little nibble.
(09-14-2011 04:27 PM)thanatos Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the link, but that was asked over on the boardgamegeek forums, and no, Undead Hate The Living can't be played like that - it can only be played AFTER fight dice are rolled, but the "instant" nature of the Meat Cleaver/Hedge Trimmer means zombies don't get to play fight cards after the dice are rolled.

I know, im just being difficult Zombie13
I would say that your in the clear since the hero had to use the meat cleaver in a fight in order to instantly kill a zombie.
Kills instantly means the zombie cannot play a counter card, and cannot wound a Hero even If they rolled a 6 or modified it to a seven. Meat cleaver owns.
(09-15-2011 01:00 AM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]Kills instantly means the zombie cannot play a counter card, and cannot wound a Hero even If they rolled a 6 or modified it to a seven. Meat cleaver owns.

So you disagree that "Bitten" could be played?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's