TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I just ordered this...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AND I'M SO EXCITED.

Has anybody played yet? What is your recommendation for the first game?

Are there rules that you skipped over/didn't realize?

I can't wait to play this. It looks awesome. SO AWESOME.
It does look pretty frieking awesome. There are a few members here that have this game already, I think Old Dwarf is one of them and jhwedmd as well, both of those guys post frequently. I myself am envious, and wish I had the money to get it, it looks like a great game.
Haven't had a chance to grab it yet, yay economy hehe. I do plan on it eventually though. You'll have to post and let us know what you think!
Yep, I have it and it is quite fun. We have played about 4 or 5 games of it so far. It uses the same general mechanics as most FF games and I recommend playing the Basic game at least once or twice. After that, it is easy to add the advanced elements piecemeal so as not to get overwhelmed with new rules. The Temple mechanic is really cool and gives you a serious sense of impending disaster, especially if you are racing someone for the artifact in the same temple. The only part I think is kind of chintzy is the sneak mechanic and the reward for sneaking on board the Zeppelin (this will make sense when you get the game). Overall though, its a great game.
Believe it or not,I haven't played this yet!!!I'm reading the Rules.The main hold up from getting this
on the Table is that within the last few weeks I've had a real glut of preordered games arrive.

It's sort like those Christmas as a kid where you didn't know what to open first.Gears of War came
about a week ahead of the rest & right now it's sucking up all our gaming oxygen.

OD
(09-21-2011 02:44 AM)jhwedmd Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I have it and it is quite fun. We have played about 4 or 5 games of it so far. It uses the same general mechanics as most FF games and I recommend playing the Basic game at least once or twice. After that, it is easy to add the advanced elements piecemeal so as not to get overwhelmed with new rules. The Temple mechanic is really cool and gives you a serious sense of impending disaster, especially if you are racing someone for the artifact in the same temple. The only part I think is kind of chintzy is the sneak mechanic and the reward for sneaking on board the Zeppelin (this will make sense when you get the game). Overall though, its a great game.

The basic game is quite useful for getting the hang of the flow of the game, but the full ruleset really helps to flesh out the game and give you multiple paths to victory.
I don't mind the sneak tests, and I love the payoff for jacking the zeppelin, it has won me at least 3 games. Watchmen02
The first night we played with the zeppelin, we played it wrong, only giving it a fortune if it dropped off a Nazi. Because of that mistake, it gathered fortune very slowly and the risk of trying to sneak was not worth the payoff. Once we discovered the mistake, the zeppelin became a much more viable target and worth the risk.
Mine will arrive sometime in November. I preordered it with other games that aren't out yet.
(09-21-2011 05:11 PM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2011 02:44 AM)jhwedmd Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I have it and it is quite fun. We have played about 4 or 5 games of it so far. It uses the same general mechanics as most FF games and I recommend playing the Basic game at least once or twice. After that, it is easy to add the advanced elements piecemeal so as not to get overwhelmed with new rules. The Temple mechanic is really cool and gives you a serious sense of impending disaster, especially if you are racing someone for the artifact in the same temple. The only part I think is kind of chintzy is the sneak mechanic and the reward for sneaking on board the Zeppelin (this will make sense when you get the game). Overall though, its a great game.

The basic game is quite useful for getting the hang of the flow of the game, but the full ruleset really helps to flesh out the game and give you multiple paths to victory.
I don't mind the sneak tests, and I love the payoff for jacking the zeppelin, it has won me at least 3 games. Watchmen02
The first night we played with the zeppelin, we played it wrong, only giving it a fortune if it dropped off a Nazi. Because of that mistake, it gathered fortune very slowly and the risk of trying to sneak was not worth the payoff. Once we discovered the mistake, the zeppelin became a much more viable target and worth the risk.

Yeah, the only thing that bothers me about the Zeppelin fortune is that you roll to see how much of it you get. I can just see sneaking on board, and then rolling a 1.
I don't have it, but I will be playing it next Wed. There is a local comic book shop that has a game day. My wife and I are on the list to play this. I can't wait. I was late this week and missed Gears of War, but heard it was awesome.
It came yesterday... and the box is only VERY overwhelming.

There is a lot of game to this game.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's