TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: storage solutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have no clue if this topic was rised already on the forum so..

how do you store your game and game components? Any good solution for core set and all expansions? I got it all in core box so far but this is one zombish mess.

advice?

2nd question: what kind of sleeves to use for the cards?
I don't sleeve the cards. I find sleeved cards harder to use (especially shuffling).

Note, I have all the expansions, including the web scenarios and the various zombie colors. (Zombie24)

My storage:
* The small box from "Hero Pack 1" has the hero-related items: hero cards and figures, dice, survival & unique items and level up decks and turn reminder cards in an acrylic deck box (http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplie...xGamingBox like this, but smaller). This box also has a small baggie with all the health markers, and the turn counter disk in it.
* The "Zombies with Grave Weapons" box has all the zombie figures, a turn reminder card, a couple dice, and another small deck box with the grave dead and level up cards in it. I also have the bag of the usually used markers (lights out, new spawning pit, and so on).
* In the Growing Hunger box, I have the scenario cards, the hero & zombie decks, and the L tiles, since they all fit in it quite nicely.
* Any of the extra tokens and so on I have in the small box from "Survival of the Fittest".
* I find having these multiple boxes makes it much easier to set up and clean up. Set up the scenario from the big box, hand the heroes their stuff, the zombies their stuff and off you go.
* I've already decided that the next expansion that comes out, unless it has its own spectacular storage solution (unlikely), I'm going to ditch the plastic divider and try to fit it all into the one box without it.
any chance for photos?
Hi. I, currently have the core game, growing hunger, and hero pack. I store them all in the original LNOE box. I every thing in seperate zip loc baggies. I also have an extra set of my zombie dice. I keep all of my web scenarios and rules in a seperate folder. Im getting Survival of the Fittest and Grave Weapons at EuroQuest. I think i can fit them into the box as well. I do not have my models painted and or kept seperately.
I store it all in LNOE and in GH boxes.I was thinking of getting some old army ammo boxes though.
It would add to the feel of the game I think...LOL
I picked up a nice wooden box from Hobby Lobby, found out about it through Board Game Geek. I have a post about it and some pics here , and they still have it in their online store here . It fits everything but the miniatures, and it might fit them if you don't use rigid plastic containers for the chits and such. I had the minis painted and am paranoid about paint chipping off, so I keep them in a separate box. With the news of this "woods" expansion next year I might need to reorganize, though, don't think the case will hold much more the way it is.
(10-26-2011 03:55 AM)fallensaviour Wrote: [ -> ]I store it all in LNOE and in GH boxes.I was thinking of getting some old army ammo boxes though.
It would add to the feel of the game I think...LOL

Ammo boxes would be really cool...splatter them with some red or neon green paint for effect. I'm not really familiar with guns and such, would there be boxes big enough for the town board pieces?
I bought a small tackle box from Walmart that has
4 boxes with in it with dividers so you can store
things as you wish.
I took the plastic thing out of my LNOE box and keep
the Square, Lshape, Character, Scenario, and rubber
banded Cards in there.
With everything else easily stowed away in this mini
tackle box for easy access during game play.
If you would like a can post a pic.
guys, make some photos. that would help to understand what you`re talking about Watchmen02
Here is what I keep my LNOE and IFOS game and pieces in for storage.
I keep my Zombies and Martians in separate bags in the box, and my
Heroes in the tackle box. If you wanted more room, you could bag them
too.

I have all my Hero Cards and Scenarios in my Hero Pack Box rubber
banded in 4 different sections. 1 LNOE stack Heroes, 1 LNOE stack
scenarios and the same for IFOS. If we wish to play just zombies
sometimes we play with IFOS characters and sometimes we dont, thats
why i keep them separate.

In the top of the tackle box, I keep the Frog pieces with all the larger
scenario items here, with suntrackers for both games, chessex dice
(which i never play with the green and white ones (been thinking about
removing them from the box for more space)), and all the lightsout, fire,
takeover, and crowd markers.

In the 4 smaller boxes I've tried make one of them have wounds and other
markers that I usually need during a game, so I don't need all 4 of them on
the table taking up space (but Iv'e separated them giving one box to the
Hero and one box to Zombie player, so only 2 boxes are left out for easy
access to pieces)
Breakdown:
1 box with everything a Hero might need in a game
1 box with everything a Zombie might need in a game
1 box with pregame set pieces (like barricades and # counters)
1 box with Heroes pieces and extra (never used) dice

The Main Box consist of:
Rule books from all games and expansions
2 Center boards
14 L shaped peices
1 Hero Pack box with Heroes and Scenarios inside
1 Zombie Deck
1 Hero Deck LNOE
1 Hero Deck IFOS
1 Martian Deck
1 Turn Summary Deck
1 Grave Weapon Deck