TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Grave weapon deck question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just played a game today (as the heroes, that's a first) and we were burning through tons of zombies during the game. I got wondering if you are supposed to reshuffle the grave weapon deck when it's used up or not. I know you reshuffle the zombie deck, but the rules make a big deal out of the fact that the grave weapon deck is NOT the zombie deck.

Is there something I missed, or can you actually run out of zombie weapon-toting madness?
Hi Fran I had a good look through the rules to quote something more official. But I would take it as a given that the Survival Tactics, Unique Items and Zombies With Grave Weapons decks are reshuffled after exhausted.
Hmm grave weapons I can agree with. But I think It defeats the idea of what unique items are Only one of each NO DUPLICATES. Same for the survival tactics cards once they are exausted he heroes are out of options. Good luck guys you are sol.
I'm pretty sure the Grave Weapon and Survival Tactics decks can be reshuffled, but I'm with Darth Trey on the Unique Items. One of each means one of each, and once the Unique Items are gone the Heroes will lose them indefinitely.
I dont see how you could even go through the Grave weapons deck
in a normal game... I'd look more into if you are even using the grave
weapon placement rule correctly. Dido for Unique Items and Tactics...
there's no way you should deplenish those decks if playing correctly
during a game.
(03-03-2012 09:43 PM)Pred Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see how you could even go through the Grave weapons deck
in a normal game... I'd look more into if you are even using the grave
weapon placement rule correctly. Dido for Unique Items and Tactics...
there's no way you should deplenish those decks if playing correctly
during a game.

Don't forget about extra long custom scenarios, zombies autospawning with the horde being used, and other ways to extend a game into that possibility.
I am with you on the long games and other ways to go through all the cards but i think survival tactics cards are done when they are done. You don't shuffle the hero deck when it's empty and even though survival tactics cards are NOT hero cards I think it follows the same guidelines by not shuffling and when the Heros are out of options they are just going to have to man up and muscle through for the win with what they have.

P.S. Those survival tactics cards are pretty powerful and if you have gone through them you have probably laid quite a hurten' on the Zs any way.
(03-03-2012 02:36 PM)victor.w Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the Grave Weapon and Survival Tactics decks can be reshuffled, but I'm with Darth Trey on the Unique Items. One of each means one of each, and once the Unique Items are gone the Heroes will lose them indefinitely.

Thematically I agree. But I'd like to see something official from FFP. I've emailed them for an answer. I will put it on here if I get a reply.
(03-03-2012 11:02 PM)Darth Trey Wrote: [ -> ]I am with you on the long games and other ways to go through all the cards but i think survival tactics cards are done when they are done. You don't shuffle the hero deck when it's empty and even though survival tactics cards are NOT hero cards I think it follows the same guidelines by not shuffling and when the Heros are out of options they are just going to have to man up and muscle through for the win with what they have.

P.S. Those survival tactics cards are pretty powerful and if you have gone through them you have probably laid quite a hurten' on the Zs any way.

Excactly! Could agree more.
We never had a stack of weapons or tactics get depleted though.

Remember that you need a 5+ roll for movement before you get to pick on.
(just saying this cause I recently heard people just play it wrong bu just picking a card by the number they rolled....)
(03-04-2012 01:17 PM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that you need a 5+ roll for movement before you get to pick on.
(just saying this cause I recently heard people just play it wrong bu just picking a card by the number they rolled....)

The severity with which people can misunderstand rules never ceases to impress me. Zombie12
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's