TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My explanation for the undead rising in Woodinvale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had this more in depth explanation 6 months back when I was playing this game more often, but needed to let it be heard before I completely forget! This version of the town history is loosely created and open to corrections. Que in weird synth 80's b-movie music....

The year was 1953 and the Army was wrapping up their biological warfare research on humans. This was project CD-22 and was under strict orders to be destroyed under proper supervision. Just what was project CD-22, well that is strictly CLASSIFIED. All we know is that it was created by the military and was to be destroyed.
Lt. Eugene Cole was in charge of sending a military truck into the designated area for disposal.....an empty field in Woodinvale. For years the barrels went undisturbed until a farmer and his wife decided to call that specific lot home. This farmer claimed the spot for his corn...well fast forward to the start of the crop season and Woodinvales own November CORNucopia, the festival of corn!! Well, as we all know in classic B-movie fashion some kiddos and townfolk bit right into that delicious deadly corn and became the mass of undead that torments Woodinvale! All because of some yellow corn.
(03-08-2012 09:14 AM)phantomninja Wrote: [ -> ]I had this more in depth explanation 6 months back when I was playing this game more often, but needed to let it be heard before I completely forget! This version of the town history is loosely created and open to corrections. Que in weird synth 80's b-movie music....

The year was 1953 and the Army was wrapping up their biological warfare research on humans. This was project CD-22 and was under strict orders to be destroyed under proper supervision. Just what was project CD-22, well that is strictly CLASSIFIED. All we know is that it was created by the military and was to be destroyed.
Lt. Eugene Cole was in charge of sending a military truck into the designated for disposal.....an empty field in Woodinvale. For years the barrels went undisturbed until a farmer and his wife decided to call that specific lot home. This farmer claimed the spot for his corn...well fast forward to the start of the crop season and Woodinvales own November CORNucopia, the festival of corn!! Well, as we all in in classic B-movie fashion some kiddos and townfolk bit right into that delicious deadly corn and became the mass of undead that torments Woodinvale! All because of some yellow corn.

This is why I created a fictional Army base in the area for the character creation thread! And why I included a civilian research scientist in the group....it's always the dang military scientists that bring on the zombie apocalypse in my book!!! They may try to blame it on a meteor but I'm not buying it...
I knew corn was evil, but no one ever believed me.
(03-08-2012 02:44 PM)SoCalRMD Wrote: [ -> ]I knew corn was evil, but no one ever believed me.

Corn is definitely evil...but oh so delicious.
There is actually a Military base mentioned in LNoE world called Fort Baxter... This is from an earlier thread I did called The History of Woodinvale

'We've Got To Go Back scenario
Locations 'military base Fort Baxter' and 'Ancor Chemical Plant'
Potential character 'scientist named Dr. Seavers'
Potential cause of outbreak 'Just prior to the Zombie infestation, he [Dr. Seavers] was about to begin work on an experiment with two hazardous biochemicals' Sounds a bit like Umbrella from Resident Evil. Is it possible that Dr. Seavers caused the outbreak and wants to cover his tracks by removing the evidence. Is it a coincidance that the doctor is safe in a military base... possible links there because, and this is a hunch, but maybe military tests have been done at Fort Baxter for years using chemicals which caused the previous outbreak. Is Jake Cartwright actually military? that would explain why he seems to know so much...'
See the rest here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Woodinvale
Cool story Phantom.
+ 1 rep given.
(03-08-2012 05:48 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]There is actually a Military base mentioned in LNoE world called Fort Baxter... This is from an earlier thread I did called The History of Woodinvale

Very cool! So when I make up a scenario to play the new characters that lwsaki created I will have to mention Fort Baxter...
Thanks for the rep! I had this story more fleshed out and had specifics with all character names and what not...but lost track when I started a new job.
Reference URL's