TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Fire extinguisher illigal move?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short question. When a hero has the fire extinguisher equipped, can he discard it in the zombieturn, after zombies have moved to his space, before any fights have been resolved, moving the zombies right through him? there were 4 zombies in his space, with only one wound to spare, so we played it like this.
Fire Extinguisher
Discard to immediately cancel a fight involving the Hero.

or
Discard at any time to move every Zombie in the same or adjacent space as the Hero, one space in any direction (Hero's choice).

I guess, i need to ask more details about your question.

When a hero has the fire extinguisher equipped, can he discard it in the zombieturn, after zombies have moved to his space, before any fights have been resolved, moving the zombies right through him?

Before any fights have been resolved is my question. If the hero has already started the fight NO He can only cancel the fight they are in.

If it is used before any fights have started - YES, after the Zombies move, a Hero can use the fire extingusher to move all of the Zombies away. ( if they are a smart hero, they will pile the Zombies on one square, then blow the Zombies up on their next move. Hate that )
(03-12-2012 01:25 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Fire Extinguisher
Discard to immediately cancel a fight involving the Hero.

or
Discard at any time to move every Zombie in the same or adjacent space as the Hero, one space in any direction (Hero's choice).

I guess, i need to ask more details about your question.

When a hero has the fire extinguisher equipped, can he discard it in the zombieturn, after zombies have moved to his space, before any fights have been resolved, moving the zombies right through him?

Before any fights have been resolved is my question. If the hero has already started the fight NO He can only cancel the fight they are in.

If it is used before any fights have started - YES, after the Zombies move, a Hero can use the fire extingusher to move all of the Zombies away. ( if they are a smart hero, they will pile the Zombies on one square, then blow the Zombies up on their next move. Hate that )

Adding...

He may also perform between the fights... but during a fight indeed he may only cancel the fight he is in.
(03-12-2012 01:25 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]If it is used before any fights have started - YES, after the Zombies move, a Hero can use the fire extingusher to move all of the Zombies away. ( if they are a smart hero, they will pile the Zombies on one square, then blow the Zombies up on their next move. Hate that )

Haha, yeah I love doing that, did it 2 nights ago playing hunt for survivors, Billy had placed gasoline in the center square board tile in a previous turn, then on the zombie turn they converged on him with zombie hunger, so I used extinguisher and with a lucky roll moved Mr. Goddard into range to throw his "Fire item", FFFWOOOSSSH!!! Zombie BBQ! (it reeked...)
Thought it was a briliant move. Normally i always have my say ready, this time i could only look at it and sit down again. (would be the only fights, 4 z's against 1 hero)
The Hero holding the Fire Extinguisher may at any time, except DURING a fight (e.g. after fight dice are rolled and before an outcome is declared), discard the Fire Extinguisher to move zombies as per the second option on the card, irregardless of whose turn it is, Zombie or Hero. It's nasty, but it's one of the few tools we Hero players have to fight off you ravenous Zombie players.

The first ability listed on the card may be used, as far as I'm concerned, at any time during a fight, even after fight dice are rolled. It's nasty, but... (see the last sentence of the prior paragraph).
Fire extinguisher is a pretty good card for the Heros. For us zombies its it terrible. There is a bunch of head dizzying conversation on this and other cards in the 'hero miss a turn' thread if you are interested in some other interesting times you can play this card.
Here is the actual thread... http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...their-turn
Reference URL's