Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Hero must give up their turn" ???
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
"Hero must give up their turn" ???
Hi, I have a question, maybe im doing it wrong. I think not, please advise.

Just like in the Scenario Escape in the Truck, or All Hallows Eve I

Turn 8
Zombie turn - blah blah blah etc.......
Hero Turn - Heroes A, B C, and X perfom normally

Hero X with the Book/Gas (scenario specific item) Moves to the Center of Town (scenario specific location) Exchange - Range Attack - Fight Zombies

Turn 7
Zombie turn
Click, Draw, Move, Fight, Spawn

Heroes A, B, and C perfom normally
Hero X Must give up their turn to fill up the truck, burn the book (perform the scenario specific task)
Hero X Can not Move, or Shoot
Hero X Ignores Zombies in that space, does not fight during the Hero Fight phase.
Hero X can not use any of their items ( tj horsey, fire extingisher, shot gun, keys, douse gasoline etc....)
The Player controlling Hero X may use a Hero Event Card from their hand.

If Hero X is Becky, or if Hero X has Docs Bag, they may apply First Aid

Turn 6
Zombie turn

Hero Turn.
If Hero X is alive they filled up the truck/burned the book ( completed the scenario specific task) and Win

If Hero X is dead they did not fill up the truck/burn the book (perform the scenario specific task) Continue playing

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: "Hero must give up their turn" ???
Well with my group it happens like this:

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Hero X Must give up their turn to fill up the truck, burn the book (perform the scenario specific task)
Hero X But does fight during which would be his Hero Fight phase. Using any combat itens he/she has.
Hero X can not use any items that needs the hero activated to be used. Shotgun, douse gasoline. BUT can use anytime itens like fire extinguisher, keys or "tj horsey" ( tj horsey, fire extingisher, shot gun, keys, douse gasoline etc....)
The Player controlling Hero X may use any amount of Hero Event Cards from his hand.

End of the hero turn

If Hero X is alive they filled up the truck/burned the book ( completed the scenario specific task) and Win

If Hero X is dead they did not fill up the truck/burn the book (perform the scenario specific task) Continue playing

No turn 6 needed...
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
(03-01-2012 05:56 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, I have a question, maybe im doing it wrong. I think not, please advise.

Turn 8

Hero X with the Book/Gas (scenario specific item) Moves to the Center of Town (scenario specific location) Exchange - Range Attack - Fight Zombies

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Hero X Ignores Zombies in that space, does not fight during the Hero Fight phase.
Hero X can not use any of their items ( tj horsey, fire extingisher, shot gun, keys, douse gasoline etc....)

Turn 6
Zombie turn

Hero Turn.

Hmmm, I'm interested to see what the prevailing opinion is but I play it in a slightly different manner. I haven't played All Hallows Eve yet but when we played Escape in the Truck, we had Hero X fight in the same turn as he/she filled up the truck. So my version of your game would look like this:

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Hero X must fight all zombies in his space since he did not move.
Hero X can not use any of their items ( tj horsey, fire extingisher, shot gun, keys, douse gasoline etc....) with the exception of items normally used in melee fight (hand weapons).
If Hero X survived the fight(s), he completed the task (filling trunk, burning book, etc.)
If Hero X was killed or turned into a zombie, the task was not completed.

So going into turn 6 the truck is filled. The heroes will win in turn 6 if they survive the zombie turn and have the keys to drive away.

Also, I'm not sure about the first aid thing. I guess it is happening at the "end of the hero turn" but it seems to be against the spirit of the rule to allow Becky to heal when she had to give up her turn to complete a task.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
(03-01-2012 06:38 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 05:56 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, I have a question, maybe im doing it wrong. I think not, please advise.

Turn 8

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Turn 6
Zombie turn

Hero Turn.

Hmmm, I'm interested to see what the prevailing opinion is but I play it in a slightly different manner. I haven't played All Hallows Eve yet but when we played Escape in the Truck, we had Hero X fight in the same turn as he/she filled up the truck. So my version of your game would look like this:

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Hero X can not use any of their items ( tj horsey, fire extingisher, shot gun, keys, douse gasoline etc....) with the exception of items normally used in melee fight (hand weapons).
If Hero X survived the fight(s), he completed the task (filling trunk, burning book, etc.)

So going into turn 6 the truck is filled. The heroes will win in turn 6 if they survive the zombie turn and have the keys to drive away.

Also, I'm not sure about the first aid thing. I guess it is happening at the "end of the hero turn" but it seems to be against the spirit of the rule to allow Becky to heal when she had to give up her turn to complete a task.

The healing ability from Becky takes place by the end of the last of the heroes action... so yes she would be able to apply it's effect... I saw something in a FAQ in the FFP Wiki or in the Boardgamegeek.com if i remember well
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmmmmm......so now Im really confused, but im most in agreement with
But is it right ????? i still see it thematicly, the hero is filling up the truck and is to busy to fight or do anything else ( like playing the LNOE, or bickering...) NEXT TURN the hero needs to fight his way into the truck

Turn 7
Zombie turn

03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
No time to check but doesn't the scenario for the truck say that no zombies can be present near the truck?
Would seem logical to me to get rid of the zeds first and then take me time to fill the truck with gas.

I understand giving up your turn as doing nothing else but that.
No cards no weapons or anything else can be used because you are busy doing something for the mission. So I can come go the conclusion that Hero X goes to the truck and fights all zombies in an effort to get rid of them. He then can not "give up his turn" before that square is zombie-free.

If he is giving up his turn but gets attacked, then he must deal with that problem first.
Heroes should back eachother on this task.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 08:40 PM by j0hnnn.)
Exclamation RE: "Hero must give up their turn" ???
(03-02-2012 06:30 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hmmmmm......so now Im really confused, but im most in agreement with
But is it right ????? i still see it thematicly, the hero is filling up the truck and is to busy to fight or do anything else ( like playing the LNOE, or bickering...) NEXT TURN the hero needs to fight his way into the truck

Turn 7
Zombie turn

Well the rules would plays as described bellow

Hero X Must give up their turn to fill up the truck, burn the book (perform the scenario specific task) (Ok to that)

Hero X Can not Move, or Shoot (Ok too)

Hero X must fight all zombies in his space since he did not move. (Right!)

(This would be what the rules say)Hero X can use any of their items that does not need activation to be deployed... douse gasoline needs movement, not usable. shotgun is ranged attack, not usable either. Fire Extinguisher is usable at any time to cancel a fight or move the zombies... perfectly usable, since no activation is required to use it. Fight itens may be used at will.

If Hero X survived the fight(s), he completed the task (filling trunk, burning book, etc.) (What with the events? There isn't even an hand size for heroes... so i would go with any amount of events may be used by the hero.)

So...
Real effect of giving up your turn to do a task is
You spend you Move, Exchange and Ranged Attack phase to do it,
But must resolve all fights in the space you are. With no restrictions on which card to use as long you satisfy it's conditions either for events, itens or weapons.
(03-02-2012 08:10 PM)Emp Wrote:  No time to check but doesn't the scenario for the truck say that no zombies can be present near the truck?
Would seem logical to me to get rid of the zeds first and then take me time to fill the truck with gas.

I understand giving up your turn as doing nothing else but that.
No cards no weapons or anything else can be used because you are busy doing something for the mission. So I can come go the conclusion that Hero X goes to the truck and fights all zombies in an effort to get rid of them. He then can not "give up his turn" before that square is zombie-free.

If he is giving up his turn but gets attacked, then he must deal with that problem first.
Heroes should back eachother on this task.

And the conditions for winning the Escape in the truck is:

At least 2 heroes at the truck, filled with gasoline. And one of them must have the keys...
And them is
"Let those dead bastards eat our ash..."
Heroes win!
03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
(03-02-2012 08:16 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Well the rules would plays as described bellow

Hero X Must give up their turn to fill up the truck, burn the book (perform the scenario specific task) (Ok to that)

Hero X Can not Move, or Shoot (Ok too)

Hero X must fight all zombies in his space since he did not move. (Right!)

(This would be what the rules say)Hero X can use any of their items that does not need activation to be deployed... douse gasoline needs movement, not usable. shotgun is ranged attack, not usable either. Fire Extinguisher is usable at any time to cancel a fight or move the zombies... perfectly usable, since no activation is required to use it. Fight itens may be used at will.

If Hero X survived the fight(s), he completed the task (filling trunk, burning book, etc.) (What with the events? There isn't even an hand size for heroes... so i would go with any amount of events may be used by the hero.)

So...
Real effect of giving up your turn to do a task is
You spend you Move, Exchange and Ranged Attack phase to do it,
But must resolve all fights in the space you are. With no restrictions on which card to use as long you satisfy it's conditions either for events, itens or weapons.

Ok, I can support that. Thank you So...are rusty keys ok to use, as for searching ? im guessing, probably

Does this same line of reason apply to the LNOE card or bickering ? or are they different becasue they (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there).

Rusty Keys
Counts as Keys.
You may discard Rusty Keys in any Outside space to immediately draw 2 new Hero Cards or to discard any Zombie card that Remains in Play
while filling up the truck ?

Bickering
Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn on any space with more than one Hero in it. All characters in that space lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there).

"This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth"
Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn. Choose any Male and Female pair of characters in the same space. Both characters lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there).

03-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Rusty Keys
Counts as Keys.
You may discard Rusty Keys in any Outside space to immediately draw 2 new Hero Cards or to discard any Zombie card that Remains in Play
while filling up the truck ?

Yes you could, however after you do this... you have no keys... so you can't start the truck and go away.

Bickering
Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn on any space with more than one Hero in it. All characters in that space lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there).

It's fair play if you have bickering you must play it before the first hero starts it's turn. So no one can give up a turn to choose fill the truck with gasoline. And since no one can do it... everyone must wait for the next turn.

"This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth"
Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn. Choose any Male and Female pair of characters in the same space. Both characters lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there).

Same goes here. If the zombie players chooses the hero with gasoline that hero hasn't the option of giving up it's turn to fill truck since before he could try... he somewhat got tangled with another hero in somekind of last minute booty call!

=D
03-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Hmmm...

I've always thought that giving up a turn meant still fighting zombies in your space (melee weapons only, fight and event cards OK), but now I'm beginning to re-think that.