TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Index of horror/thriller movies (currently 573 reviewed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(05-24-2013 06:54 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently reviewed several more movies, pushing the total over the 250 mark! Some of the movies below are purely comedies but I am including them due to the horror backdrop they are using. Here are the additions:

The Call of Cthulu (2005)
Identity (2003)
Puppetmaster (1989)
Scary Movie (2000)
Scary Movie 2 (2001)
Scary Movie 3 (2003)
Tenebre (1982)

I also upped my rating on The Descent (2005) to a 4 after watching it again recently. Thanks to Trev for suggesting I give it another look.

I'm glad you gave it another look. I still regard it as one of the greatest horror films of all time. It's so dark, literally!
After watching the newest live-action Resident Evil movie (Retribution), I went back and re-watched the first 3 which I own on DVD. I then expanded on all of the somewhat short reviews I had written for them earlier.

So there are now reviews out there for the 5 live action films and one animated one (Degeneration):

Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008)
Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

If you haven't checked out this series, give it a try!

Insane16
I know it is not Zombie but the Blair witch has a good adventure feel to it like the average gamer could be out there with a camera. It kinda has that witch theme they are discussing for atoe.

As a LNOE it could be
Blair Witch scenario
The witch takes children and makes zombies. Pulls out their teeth so they can't bite. Lots of exploring the woods and those old house foundations. Looking for some kids that disappeared recently. Maybe culminating in a find the witches body ala paranormal cartoon movie or the ring.
It has been a while since I've had a chance to add some reviews! I have just finished adding the movies below which include a couple I have meant to get to for a long time.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
Damien: Omen II (1978)
Desperation (2006)
Doghouse (2009)
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920)
The Funhouse (1981)
The Lost Boys (1987)
They Live (1988)
The Whisperer in Darkness (2011)
Good review on They Live but I have to say in my opinion it's gotta be 4.5 it's kitch at it's finest. I think John Carpenter's decision to go for the 50s b-movie look for the aliens worked too. It is one of those so bad its good films. I think the way forward is enjoy the ride and don't over analyse. (Hard to do as a reviewer)Watchmen02

The link to the L films didn't work. Could be an issue at my end?
(08-16-2013 02:36 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Good review on They Live but I have to say in my opinion it's gotta be 4.5 it's kitch at it's finest. I think John Carpenter's decision to go for the 50s b-movie look for the aliens worked too. It is one of those so bad its good films. I think the way forward is enjoy the ride and don't over analyse. (Hard to do as a reviewer)Watchmen02

The link to the L films didn't work. Could be an issue at my end?

Hey buddy, thanks as usual for taking a look at the reviews. I fixed the link to the L,M,N films and checked that the rest are all working. That may be why that particular post has the least views among the sets of reviews! I always wondered why because it includes N as in "Night of" which is a popular beginning to horror movie titles so I expected that page to get more traffic.

Regarding They Live, I have no problem with you going 4.5 on it because you are just relaxing and letting yourself enjoy the movie equivalent of junk food. As I mentioned, I did enjoy the movie but I was kind of embarrassed to be enjoying it! For the numerical ratings, I base a lot of my score on how much I want to watch the movie again and in this case I feel like my curiosity has been satisfied and I probably won't see it again.

I compare They Live to a movie like Dead Heat, the comedy with Joe Piscopo. They both have ridiculous plots, dated fashion, cheesy 80's actors but I found them both fun to watch. But probably only once. Watchmen02

Both of those movies are certainly much better than Plan 9 from Outer Space which some people love but to me is so bad that it's still really bad (as opposed to so bad it is good).
The newest additions to my little film database:

Child's Play (1988)
Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972)
Juan of the Dead (2011)
The Legend of Hell House (1973)
The Mummy's Curse (1944)
The Mummy's Hand (1940)

For the zombie lovers out there, you really should see Juan of the Dead if you haven't done so already.

Have a great weekend!
My God "The Mummy's Hand" is older than I am(alas it's the only one)."The Legend of Hell House " is one of my favorites.

OD
(09-14-2013 11:56 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]My God "The Mummy's Hand" is older than I am(alas it's the only one)."The Legend of Hell House " is one of my favorites.

OD

That made me laugh. Watchmen02 I liked Hell House a lot, too. So far it is my favorite in the "group of strangers dared/paid to spend time in dangerous haunted house" genre.
I have added 8 new reviews. Half of them are films by famed Italian director Mario Bava (marked with asterisks). It's been fun the past couple weeks delving into his works.

*A Bay of Blood (1971)
*Black Sunday (1960)
Child's Play 2 (1990)
The Haunting of Hell House (1999)
*Kill Baby, Kill! (1966)
*Lisa and the Devil (1973)
The Reeds (2009)
Screamtime (1986)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Reference URL's