TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: L4D style Hero deck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just played LNoE for the first time the other day when my brother bought it and brought it over. It only took us rounds of "die Zombies Die" to come to the realization that this would be a prefect match for the L4D theme. Since then I've been searching the internets to see if any one had made any scenarios, character cards, and Special Infected rules. Sure enough i found this thread by Little_nikki. This was an awesome find and it got my mind racing with new ideas for a hero deck specifically for L4D scenarios. So after playing a couple hours of L4D2 as "research" I came up with a new set on melee weapons, med items, grenades as well as a few new ranged weapons (which i felt the original hero deck was a bit lacking of). Also have a couple additional rules to be used along with the deck/scenarios.

so Here goes (have not yet play tested with these new cards, they are still ideas, so let me know what you think):

Melee:

Baseball Bat - Works same as original bat
Cricket Bat - May be used to *Daze* a Zombie in a fight causing them to roll 1 less fight dice. breaks on 1-2
Crowbar - same as original
Frying Pan - May be used to "Knock Out" a Zombie you can avoid one fight on a roll of 5+
Electric Guitar - Same as other guitar
Fire Axe - same +*sharp
Katana - *ninja speed* Grants the ability to attack and then continue moving (Like Johnny's Blitz ability) +*sharp
Machete - same as Cleaver +*sharp
Tonfa(Police Baton) - Allows hero to roll 2 extra fight dice but cannot cause a kill on doubles
Chainsaw - Same +*sharp

If your wondering what *sharp is about it works as a mechanic with a new event card to be included in the deck called:

"De-Cap" - Play after winning a fight dice roll while carrying any *sharp weapon to Decapitate the zombie for an instant kill.

Another Hero Event card I've come up with is:

"Headshot" - Play during and firing roll to add 1 to any 1 shot dice.

Grenades:

*all grenades have a range of 3 and can be be used in place of a Firing round

Pipe Bomb - Causes all regular zombie to have a +2 hunger towards the affected space. The pipe bomb Explodes at the end on the next zombie turn, Inflicting 1 wound on all zombies on that space.

Bile Bomb - Causes +2 to the affected space same as pipe bomb accept may be thrown at a target (erg or special zombie) and hits on a roll of 4+ causing the target to be come "hunger-able" (so any erg zombies will follow the affected target with a +2 hunger)

Molotov - Sets fire to targeted space and each surrounding space until the end of the next hero turn. Any figure passing through an effected space takes 1 wound for each space

Main Ranged Weapons:

Sniper Rifle - Range 5
Sniper Scope: Kills on a roll of (1+target range)+
Ammo check 5+
*cannot be fired at point blank (so can't shoot zombies on the same space as you)
eg: if the target is 3 spaces away hero must roll 1+3 = 4+ in order to get the kill

Assault Rifle - Range 4
Burst fire: Roll up to 3 shot dice kills on (2+1per target)+
*may be fired at more than 1 Target(up to max of 3) on the targeted space at a cost of +1 accuracy
Ammo Check 3+
eg: If the hero chooses to fire at 3 targets on the space space kills occur on a roll of 2+3 = 5+

Uzi - Range 2
Spray and Pray: Fires in frontal cone roll 1 d6 for every Target in the affected area kills on 5+
Ammo check 4+
eg: o o H o o
o x x x o
x x x x x
Offhand Ranged Weapons:

Dual Pistol - Range 3
Double shot: allows 2 shot to be fired per round Kills on 5+
Ammo Check 2+

Magnum Pistol - Range 3
Kills on 3+
Ammo check 4+

I've only put a little bit of though into the zombie deck that will counter this deck but on card i know will be in there is

"Friendly Fire" - during a firing round if a hero misses a shot any heroes between the Firing hero and target take 1 wound - Remains in Play

I've also got items in mind like the Defibrillator, Pills, and Adrenaline shot, but they only work with special scenario mechanics that i won't being getting into the this already very long post. So please give me feed back. What do you think about these new weapons, what adjustment do you think should be made, how about some ideas for the zombie deck to counter these new items!
this sounds coolZombie16
Reference URL's