TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A few rules clarification from a Noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a few bsic questions, it might seems silly to some of you but:

Can you use a weapon on more than one zombie during your turn?- For instance I am in a square with 2-3 zombies and have to fight ll three myself. I only have a baseball bat. Can I use that against each one?

Do doubles kill a zombie even if he rolls higher than you?- For example....I roll two 1's and the zombie rolls a 6...who wins?

Can any player use an hero card (and event for example) during another player's turn to help them?

Thanks for any help....sadly Ill most likely have more questions Watchmen02
1) Yeah, but you have to do a break test each time you use it! Some weapons can be used multiple times on a single zombie e.g. baseball bat, so you would have to do a break test after each individual use.

2) No, you only kill the zombie if you roll higher AND manage to roll doubles.

3) Yeah, generally items can only be used by the player holding them but event cards can be used on any Hero by any Hero. They're only restricted by what the card actually says e.g. 'at the start of the Hero turn', 'except during a fight round' etc!

Hope this helps!
Thanks Leonard...it helps alot, boy were we playing wrong Watchmen02
I was going to jump in, but Leonard got there first. ;-) He is correct.

The hand weapons, you can use in each fight if you have several zombies to fight. Most of them, you can only use once per fight. However, the bat, you happen to be allowed to use multiple times even within one fight. However, after using it, you must then roll to test if it breaks. So, you'd want to be cautious about using it too much in one fight.

Also, as Leonard said, ITEMS are held specifically by the character who picked them up, or, if you trade them to another character, then specific to that character. However, events can typically be used by any hero on any hero (not even just your own) unless the card says otherwise.
(08-16-2012 09:16 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]3) Yeah, generally items can only be used by the player holding them but event cards can be used on any Hero by any Hero. They're only restricted by what the card actually says e.g. 'at the start of the Hero turn', 'except during a fight round' etc!

I just want to be clear that it doesnt have to be your turn then?
(08-16-2012 09:38 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]The hand weapons, you can use in each fight if you have several zombies to fight. Most of them, you can only use once per fight. However, the bat, you happen to be allowed to use multiple times even within one fight. However, after using it, you must then roll to test if it breaks. So, you'd want to be cautious about using it too much in one fight.

Im confused again...you said "you can use in each fight if you have several zombies to fight" and then you said "Most of them, you can only use once per fight"

Im just not sure how often I can use a weapon.
(08-16-2012 09:16 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]2) No, you only kill the zombie if you roll higher AND manage to roll doubles.

So if the Znombie rolls a 6 you might as well not even roll then? correct? And even if a zombie gets a 5 you need double 6's?

WOW I dont see how the Heroes can ever win!?
(08-16-2012 09:43 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2012 09:16 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]3) Yeah, generally items can only be used by the player holding them but event cards can be used on any Hero by any Hero. They're only restricted by what the card actually says e.g. 'at the start of the Hero turn', 'except during a fight round' etc!

I just want to be clear that it doesnt have to be your turn then?

Item cards and event cards are different. I item cards are placed down with the character carrying them. Event cards are kept in the hand of the hero player who found them, and can be used on any hero, even if they are not your own, unless the card says otherwise.

(08-16-2012 09:38 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]The hand weapons, you can use in each fight if you have several zombies to fight. Most of them, you can only use once per fight. However, the bat, you happen to be allowed to use multiple times even within one fight. However, after using it, you must then roll to test if it breaks. So, you'd want to be cautious about using it too much in one fight.

Im confused again...you said "you can use in each fight if you have several zombies to fight" and then you said "Most of them, you can only use once per fight"

Im just not sure how often I can use a weapon.

Most of them can only be used once per fight, as in you are fighting one zombie, you use the weapon once and then that is it FOR THAT FIGHT. You are now fighting a second zombie IN THE SAME TURN, and you can use the weapon again (as long as it didn't break in the first fight) once in that fight. In other words, going by my instructions, if you are fighting three zombies, that is three fights, not one fight. Does that help?

(08-16-2012 09:16 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]2) No, you only kill the zombie if you roll higher AND manage to roll doubles.

So if the Znombie rolls a 6 you might as well not even roll then? correct? And even if a zombie gets a 5 you need double 6's?

WOW I dont see how the Heroes can ever win!?

Well, because they don't always roll high. ;-) Plus, sometimes cards will help you out or you'll get a lucky roll. You never know.
Thanks Im clear on everything except the event card.
I understand that I can use it on any hero, but does it have to be my turn in order to use it?
Or can it I use an event card while another Hero/Player is fighting?
Also since a "fight" is considered against one zombie.
Can you make more than one attack on that same zombie if you use a different weapon or your hands?
In other words can you keep fighting until one of you are dead during that same fight?

Because we were just allowing one attack per zombie.
(08-16-2012 10:12 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Im clear on everything except the event card.
I understand that I can use it on any hero, but does it have to be my turn in order to use it?
Or can it I use an event card while another Hero/Player is fighting?
Also since a "fight" is considered against one zombie.
Can you make more than one attack on that same zombie if you use a different weapon or your hands?
In other words can you keep fighting until one of you are dead during that same fight?

Because we were just allowing one attack per zombie.

Nope, event cards can be played at any point, during your turn or another Hero's turn or even the zombie turn!

Each individual zombie is considered a fight, so you can use multiple weapons during 1 fight, but some weapons may only be used once during a fight, it'll state this on the card.
(08-16-2012 10:22 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]Each individual zombie is considered a fight, so you can use multiple weapons during 1 fight, but some weapons may only be used once during a fight, it'll state this on the card.

And that includes unlimited unarmed attacks then?
To be super clear though to kill a zombie the double doesn't have to be higher than their highest die. You have to have a higher number and have doubles, but not neccesaryily doubles higher than the Z.

For instance a fight could go as follows. . .

1) You roll and get a one and a two
2) The zombie rolls and gets a three
3) you decide to use your baseball bat and roll a one
4) you roll a break test and get a five, so your bat didn't break
5) you use your bat again and get a four
6) you roll a break test and get a one so your bat breaks and is discarded
7) the fight ends

in this case the hero wins the fight and the zombie is killed because the hero has doubles (ones) and a die higher than the zomnies (4>3), but the bat is lost.

(08-16-2012 10:27 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2012 10:22 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]Each individual zombie is considered a fight, so you can use multiple weapons during 1 fight, but some weapons may only be used once during a fight, it'll state this on the card.

And that includes unlimited unarmed attacks then?

I'm not sure what you mean here, everything is limited. You only get to fight each zombie in your space one time per turn if that is what you're saying.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's