TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Choose a hero V. Random Hero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have a preference? Think one is better than the other for gameplay? Does it vary with experience of players? What do you think?
When im playing on the hero side i like to choose my heroes..when im on the zombie side i like my opponent to choose random haha...of course its this way though because i feel like you have an advantage when you get to choose your heroes..like choosing sherriff anderson or the becky/father joe combo. Overall though i would say go with random. It keeps the games interesting
I always play random board sections and random Heroes. More of a challenge for the Heroes but satisfying has hell when you bring home a win. Plus you get to use sections and characters that normally don't get used.

This will make you a more fully rounded LNoE player. (That's what I keep telling myself...)Zombie17
If you're playing with younger players, let them choose their starting Hero. But always go for random board tiles.
I let new players choose heroes for the first few games. After that, it's always random for me.
Basically, Newbies choose... Veterans/Expert random.

Recently posted I find this method from Phantaskippy intriguing that I'm going to try out - starting Page 2 (or post #11 depending on your settings) in this thread...

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...eam?page=2
I play random heroes all the time. Shuffle them up, and draw off the top of the stack. If i get back-to-back games in, I will keep drawing off the top of the stack to ensure that I don't have any repeat heroes in the second/third game. I only shuffle the used ones back in if I deplete the stack, leaving any that actually died during the current game removed.
I always prefer to choose at random. I love all the hero characters in the game and the expansions, so I want to get a chance to try them all out. I also think it is just more fun that way. Otherwise, people tend to constantly pick the same ones.

The only thing I may do as I get some of the expansions is to start to make sure to pick at least some of the expansion characters at first. Not to mention, if after I have them all and have played for a while I find there are one or more that somehow never seem to come into play, I may choose them a few times to get to play them. Other than that, though, I like to pick at random.
Hi, Im ok with letting the bleeders choose which hero they want to sacrifice to the Zombies. It gives them less of a complaint when they still lose.

Sad to say I never get to see Jenny, or Kenny. Just recently my bleeders have utilized the value of a student, and their pinch point ability.

We were playing alls hallow eve II and with the board set up they needed a third door, or a student. The student tasted like fresh meat Watchmen02
In the initial DZD we were doing the Random Hero thing.

But since moving on to the Advanced/GH/Expansions, we have been choosing. It seems like people like to read the bios, and the skills and it connects them a little more to their character.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's