TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: You HAVE to listen to this . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a very revealing trade show interview with Scott Hill, from The Ogre Cave at http://ogrecave.com/newsupdate/?p=28

Here are some highlights -- I'll just report the facts, and give opinion later.

Something Wicked -- four new villains, and a new gameboard which doubles the current play area. It was a "major undertaking" with lots of makeup, artwork, etc., and will be available this summer.

AToE Hero Pack -- four new heroes, with character sheets and a few new cards.

LNOE: there are three new products.

Survival of the Fittest: three new decks, two for heroes and one for zombies. There's the "Unique Items" deck for specific items, with "antique revolver" as the example. A "Survival Tactics" deck -- two examples of cards: "duct tape," used to combine weapons and "Plan B" which states "Run!" The zombie deck is "Grave Weapons" which is a deck of weapons such as rusty axes, sickles, meat cleavers, machetes, pitch forks. Also things like "bloated body" and "wrapped in barbed wire" that make zombies "specifically vicious." $24.95 MSRP.

Zombies with Grave Weapons: specific zombie sculpts for use with "Grave Weapons" deck, with sculpts including a zombie holding a pitch fork and the "bloated body" zombie and the "wrapped in barbed wire" zombie. Seven new sculpts in two colours (for fourteen zombies). &24.95 MSRP.

Hero Pack 1: Four new characters with a "couple cards for good measure" Characters are Victor the Escaped Prisoner, Jade the Highschool Outcast, Mr. Goddard the Chemistry Teacher (based on MacGyver) and Stacy the intrepid reporter. $24.95 MSRP. All three will be out for Halloween.

And finally, the newly announced Invasion From Outer Space: the Martian Game. Coming out early 2010. Classic 50's style dome-head, bug-eyed aliens fighting "carnies" -- circus folk become the world's first line of defense. The aliens fight the likes of a Ring Master, Contortionist, Human Cannonball, Fire Breather, Bearded Woman, and "Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear," a seven-foot bear in a pink tutu whom you can play as. The game uses the LNOE ruleset, which means the games are compatible -- Woodenvale can battle martians, zombies can battle martians, and even all four "factions" can fight each other.
And finally, the newly announced Invasion From Outer Space: the Martian Game. Coming out early 2010. Classic 50's style dome-head, bug-eyed aliens fighting "carnies" -- circus folk become the world's first line of defense. The aliens fight the likes of a Ring Master, Contortionist, Human Cannonball, Fire Breather, Bearded Woman, and "Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear," a seven-foot bear in a pink tutu whom you can play as. The game uses the LNOE ruleset, which means the games are compatible -- Woodenvale can battle martians, zombies can battle martians, and even all four "factions" can fight each other.
------------------------------------------------------

Ok this is just a Tad over the top for me.:rolleyes:

OD
Oh dear!!

My initial worries (which I kept to myself until I could be sure) seemed to have been proved true.

Instead of boxing the 3 expansions as one and charging about $40 (£27), they have split them into 3 and are nearly doubling the price, save $5, at $75 (£50).

The world is in recession at the moment, so instead of making the set value for money, FFP are trying to get even more out of us.....for a small family run company this seems ludicrous!!

I am sure the official answer will be "well, you only have to buy what things you want!" Well, we as fans of the game are of course going to want to get everything but this decision really beggars belief!!!

Even if you choose not to buy the Heroes, you have cards in one set referring to "Grave Weapons" but if you'd like the miniatures which represent the cards you have to buy another set...total cost $50!!

I was never bothered by the different shade game boards but this really has made me view FFP in a different light.

I do formally ask Jason Hill to please explain the thinking behind this step?? I wonder if he will answer??
Yeah, I tend to agree. I'll have to reserve judgement until I actually see what the products will entail, but 25 bucks a pop seems a bit pricey.

However, I am very excited about that Martian game....not so much about the 'carnie' part....but I love the fact that it will integrate right into LNoE.
I do agree. I hope their online store will have a "bundling at a discount". Chances are slim I'd buy the sculpts otherwise.
mqstout Wrote:I do agree. I hope their online store will have a "bundling at a discount". Chances are slim I'd buy the sculpts otherwise.

Funnily enough, I wondered if there would be a "buy all 3 from us and get them for only....".

That's fine for you US types but for us poor saps that live this side of the pond, there is no viable way of ordering anything large from FFP because of shipping costs and the possibility of being caught for Tax at this end!
Maybe if you had a mate that could send them 'as a gift'....

just saying.
well im getting everything they have but not AToE because my wife and i dont like sending 60 mins walking around a board waiting for something good to happen.but we love our zombie/alien/freaky ppl movies so they have me with the zombie and martian game.AToE should take the back seat for realese this year oh well. i'll be in Iraq when the good stuff come out. Thanks flying Frogs for making me wait for so long for a game edition THAT I MAY NOT EVER GET TO PLAY!
AtoE & LNoE are two different styles of Gaming,so
its very possible to like one & pass on the other.

SWtHC is a must buy for me,the LnoN expansions
probably & the Martain Game leaves me flat
at this point-maybe as an expansion to LNoE
with Martains rather than Zombies?The circus
theme just doesn't work for me (maybe when more
details are released.)

OD
i can understand about the circus them i too was hoping soilders some sci-N-tis and civies also. yes they are pricy but look at it this way everybodys name on the back of the booklets has to get paid.even names you dont see.and you cant expect them to do it for free.i wont.times are hard.im sure they arnt thring to rip you off just trying to break even.or make a small profit. i remember when hungrey hippos was 5 bucks now its like what 15 16 bucks?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's