TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Timber Peak fire question - Fire on a spawning pit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In our game night last night, my gaming buddy who is as obsessed with this game as me brought along his copy of Timber Peak. As we played, the zombies triggered a fire early on in the game. As the fire continued to spread, it eventually spread over and covered a spawning pit.

This brought up a question we had. We were not sure how that is then supposed to be played. Would that mean that spawning pit is now burned away and can no longer be used? Or, would it still be considered active, meaning the Zombie Player would still have to divide their spawned zombies equally, possibly winding up with some spawning right in the middle of a fire, only to burn up and die? We weren’t sure which way this should be played, and he had forgotten the binder he created to contain all of the rulebooks.

We wound up assuming that this meant that the spawning pit was burned away and could no longer be used. Does anybody know which way is correct?
I don't recall anything explicitly saying a fire burns away the fire pit.
No it doesn't. The only scenario where a spawning pit can be destroyed is burn it to the ground. In no other scenario or in the game does that allow for that to happen.
So then, by your guys' understanding, that would then mean that the spawning pit would still have to be used. So, for example, if the Zombie Player spawned 4 or more zombies, that would mean one or more could wind up having to spawn right in the middle of the fire? And, in turn, that could mean they basically spawn, just to burn right up...

To be honest, I actually think that would be the much more fun way to go about it. It kind of puts a new twist on the whole fire thing, because it makes the Zombie Player(s) think twice about where to put the fire. They wouldn't want to risk turning a spawning pit into a death trap for their own zombies.

Not to mention, it is kind of funny to think of a zombie spawning in the most inconvenient of places only to instantly cause its own demise. LOL!
The zombie player would have to roll for fire damage as the zombie spawns......and then again when the zombie moves, if the fire is still burning.
Indeed. So, still possible that the zombie would spawn, only to burn up and die instantly. LOL! That would suck for the Zombie player, but be awesome for the Hero player.
As I understand it, you roll for moving INto fire, and if your turn ends on fire. So if the zombie spawned, they would roll for ending on it, but next turn if they move off it, they don't have to roll. I'm not a fan of the rolling twice in one turn, myself, and I don't consider spawning a 'move'...
I the idea of rolling when spawning and then if still in the fire after your move, in a larger fire it may be possible that a zombie couldn't move fast enough to leave the burning area anyway. It feels more cinematic to me to imagine a zombie spawning from the grave into the fire with no regard to any thing other than eating flesh.
Last game I played Victor tried to tempt zombies to chase him into a fire.....it didn't end well. :-)
(12-30-2012 10:37 PM)Sarge Wrote: [ -> ]I the idea of rolling when spawning and then if still in the fire after your move, in a larger fire it may be possible that a zombie couldn't move fast enough to leave the burning area anyway. It feels more cinematic to me to imagine a zombie spawning from the grave into the fire with no regard to any thing other than eating flesh.
Last game I played Victor tried to tempt zombies to chase him into a fire.....it didn't end well. :-)

Didn't end well for Victor, or for the zombies? ;-)
(12-31-2012 08:26 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2012 10:37 PM)Sarge Wrote: [ -> ]I the idea of rolling when spawning and then if still in the fire after your move, in a larger fire it may be possible that a zombie couldn't move fast enough to leave the burning area anyway. It feels more cinematic to me to imagine a zombie spawning from the grave into the fire with no regard to any thing other than eating flesh.

Didn't end well for Victor, or for the zombies? ;-)

I'm afraid despite his best efforts Victor ended up only rolling a 1 for next movement and couldn't get out of the flames and got toasted, he managed to take a few of the undead with him!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's