TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New Gamer - Question on Fan Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Im totally new to the game, bought it a month or two back and totally cant stop playing so thought Id join the forum Watchmen02 Ive got a quick questions bugging me if anyone can help?

Firstly Im trying to create some house rules so that I can play with my girlfriend, I hope that we can both play two heroes and have the zombies 'play themselves' based on dice rolls and cards etc so it's more of a 2 player co op game? Has anyone done this before? I could really use some tips, I'm thinking dice with arrows on for zombie movement but unsure how cards could be played?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to chatting with other gamers Watchmen02
Hello frombie,
nice to hear you are one of us now ;-P.
Thought about this coop-play some month ago, too. But it's diffcult to realize, in my opinion. You don't want the zombies to act/move retarded and that they play their cards without strategy.

The only idea I've got, was to remove all zombie cards which can't be played directly. This would give the zombies the ability to play every turn one, two or more cards, depending on how many you want. But this would decrease their deck size.

A strategic movement I would fix with enlarged 'brain hunger', so that every zombie goes in the direction of the nearest brain.
lols frombie Watchmen02

Yeah I was stuck on the card play but thought scatter/artillery dice (dice with arrows may work) altho with increased blood lust like you said so that they have to move to the nearest hero when 2 squares away. It would be easier for heroes but perhaps automatically qualifying for zombies spawning might help with difficulty? Im so new to all this so this may not work XD
Well not to try to de ZED you but FFG A Touch of Evil is a Co-OP Game,if the Co-Op experience is what
your looking for you may want to check it out.
OD
(03-10-2013 08:27 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Well not to try to de ZED you but FFG A Touch of Evil is a Co-OP Game,if the Co-Op experience is what
your looking for you may want to check it out.
OD

You can't get enough
Of that Flying Frog stuff!
We exchanged a lot of ideas for "zombie AI" in this thread:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...p-for-LNoE

Read through them, playtest, and share your feedback! Watchmen02 And if you come up with ideas of your own, share them as well!
There is a rule set floating somewhere for zombie AI... Basic strategy is try and play every zed card you can against the hero every turn. Direct zombies toward their closest hero. Let them be relentless, zombies should be focused on one thing, killing heros, not hanging in the gym shooting some b-ball after school. Head to head LNOE is the only way the wife and I play...
Thanks all, some great replys. That link is awesome, I'll take a look and test some stuff out, like the idea of sorting the deck into three piles, I was thinking something similar but this seems way better Watchmen02

Yeah flying frog have a lot of awesome stuff, definately want...ok, NEED more Watchmen02 I always play last night against my gf the standard way but it'd be nice to get some co op rules as at the moment I'm kinda winning a lot lols

Shame flying frog didn't release any official rules, luckily the fan made stuff is awesome :)http://www.goole.co.uk/Uk%20jobs/RelatedToArticle/
I have currently played around 25 games solo. I read through the solo rules that have been posted in various forums and eventually went with the following.
Any zombie move does the worst possible
Fight cards are not played on a roll of 1 or 2 - in this instance I roll for the hero then zombie if zombie wins then fight card is not used, if fight card is to be used then roll for the use.
I spread the spawning out starting with worst possible spawning pits.
Pretty much everything is played as the card states.
The only thing I would say is you need to resist any temptation to help the heroes by not placing in the worst possible position.
Playing as above I have had some fantastic and very close solo games. Die Zombie die the first Scenario took about 7 tries before success., defend the manor was also another tough one.
Give it a go you will enjoy it.
Thanks to all those folks that took the time to put up some AI rules
Reference URL's