TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rescue Mission...unbalanced?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just played this with my Nephew and he was beaten by me the zombies in 8 turns as I had killed two townfolk. During the following turn I would have more than likely put the last two heroes out of the game also, there just didn't seem balance at all, anyone else found this?
(03-21-2013 04:33 PM)spirit Wrote: [ -> ]Just played this with my Nephew and he was beaten by me the zombies in 8 turns as I had killed two townfolk. During the following turn I would have more than likely put the last two heroes out of the game also, there just didn't seem balance at all, anyone else found this?

I haven't played this scenario yet, so I can't comment specifically on this. Rather, I'm going to give my general opinion on scenarios - It's not unusual for games to be one-sided, your nephew may have had good luck on his draws and/or dice rolls for this particular game. And it can happen with any other scenario.

To really see if a scenario is unbalanced and which side that scenario is leaning towards, play it a couple of times and change the players. A good example is Defend the Manor, I played this scenario multiple times as both a zombie player and a Hero player, and even with different people. And in my experience, the zombies usually win that scenario. Whenever Heroes win, it usually involved them getting really really lucky and employing almost near-perfect moves.
Hi Spirit,

I wouldn't say any of the scenarios I've played are unbalanced. The last 2 times we played Rescue Mission the Heroes won. The games finished on Turn 9 when I was the Zombies and Turn 11 when I was the Heroes. The game reports are here

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes

Maybe we'll play that scenario next time?
Is your nephew up to your level of gameplay? When I play my stepfather at (of all things) Monopoly, 1 on 1, I get my butt handed to me everytime.. In a three way or more game I can usually win. Also, dice and draws are going to play a MAJOR role in outcome, as well as tactics. Play it a few more times and change up the sides, see what happens..
(03-21-2013 05:24 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Spirit,

I wouldn't say any of the scenarios I've played are unbalanced. The last 2 times we played Rescue Mission the Heros won. The games finished on Turn 9 when I was the Zombies and Turn 11 when I was the Heroes. The game reports are here

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes

First thing I did was read your reports and the scenario came across as quite balanced reading them

(03-21-2013 05:24 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we'll play that scenario next time?

Sounds like a plan Insane20

(03-22-2013 06:40 AM)friskers96 Wrote: [ -> ]Is your nephew up to your level of gameplay?

Well is only being gaming a couple of months but I think he's surpassed my level already Watchmen02

As for the overall luck in the game we played, I'd say it pretty much evened itself out, none of us rolled well all game but the poor rolls were pretty even on both sides and we both had good and bad cards drawn

One thing I meant to ask in the original post was do Townfolk initiate Zombie Hunger?
That's a good question regarding Zombie hunger. I've had a good look but I haven't found anything official. I would say they DO cause Zombie hunger as they can be attacked and killed. After all 1 of the objects of the game (for the Zombies) is to kill the Townsfolk. It seems logical to me that Townsfolk Allies are living, breathing entities which to me puts them on the menu for Zombie Hunger.
(03-22-2013 04:51 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good question regarding Zombie hunger. I've had a good look but I haven't found anything official. I would say they DO cause Zombie hunger as they can be attacked and killed. After all 1 of the objects of the game (for the Zombies) is to kill the Townsfolk. It seems logical to me that Townsfolk Allies are living, breathing entities which to me puts them on the menu for Zombie Hunger.

That was my thoughts too but all the rules specifically say "heroes" even in the rules made after the the introduction of Townfolk.

In the end we aired on caution and didn't bother, which was probably a good job in the end otherwise it might have ended sooner Watchmen02
We've played this scenario 4 times in my group, all of which, I have won as the Zombies. It's come close once for the Heroes but I play a pretty ruthless Zombie game. I had a 13 game winning streak a few years back Zombie03 (I always play as Zombies)
(03-22-2013 05:34 PM)Anim8r Wrote: [ -> ]We've played this scenario 4 times in my group, all of which, I have won as the Zombies. It's come close once for the Heroes but I play a pretty ruthless Zombie game. I had a 13 game winning streak a few years back Zombie03 (I always play as Zombies)

Do you use zombie hunger against the townfolk?
(03-22-2013 05:38 PM)spirit Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use zombie hunger against the townfolk?

I sure do, Townsfolk are fair game. Though I have mostly won via overrunning the safe house. I've only won once by killing townfolk
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's