TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Father Joseph...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are some of the theory's about Father Joseph and his past. Ive been reading and poking around and it just seems like its all a teaser and nothing really concrete.
He was an SS during WWII but fled to the US to escape the Nuremberg trials?

Or...

Lost his faith during seminary, but decided to keep being a priest so his scholarships wouldn't be converted to student loans.

I don't know, you could go a lot of directions with him...we made a house rule that allows the zombie player to play the LNoE card on him as long as he is occupying the same square as a male student.

But in all seriousness, are you talking about some of the cards that kind of hint and some back story, like the medical records from SotF? <nods> I wonder about that kind of thing too. This game is great for people who like to write stories!
A game scenario I've been trying to get done is based around him and the ominous pagan and religious game chips... I like to come up with a good storyline for the scenario, but don't know how far in which direction I'm currently running.. Hopefully that makes sense..
I'm guess he got caught being naughty with a nun and was banished to this small town, hence proving that the church knows something of the origins of zombies, those bastards!
The zombies are the offspring of the nun and Father Joseph?
....whats wrong with Father Joseph.... ask Sally. She knows why he lost his faith. He's a perv.
I cut and pasted this from my History of Woodinvale thread here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Woodinvale

Father Joseph McGuinness
Born/From? Not Woodinvale because he is unaware of it's past.
He has been in Woodinvale 'more than twenty-five years' and 'was never told of the town's past' This indicates that the last 'event' was over 25 years ago. Terminal with throat cancer? Card reads '...fatal. The patient has not yet been informed'. Then there's a picture of Father Joseph with his head position exactly the same as the x-ray. Also the neck on the x-ray is all black. I'm not a medical guy but I think the shadowing effect is signs of cancer. Is he an everyday priest? On the All Hallows Eve II scenario he makes ritual circles and makes incantations using powerful artifacts. I suspect he performed the exorcism of Janice Blaine. The tape is dated 18th of the February 1985 and look there a stained glass window in the background!! I suspect Father Joseph was sent to Woodinvale originally 25 years ago to perform the exorcism. From unique item card his bible is written in latin reads 'Illumina oculos meos ne umquam obdormiam in morte..' Translated (took me ages) 'Give light to mine eyes lest I ever sleep in death.' (psalm 12:b). From a game point view it can be constructed as 'Give me the light (or power) to never die. Yes, yes I'm the daddy at finding this kind of stuff!! '...there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust' (Acts 24:15) from the 'Risen from the Grave' zombie card.
But isn't LNOE set in the 80s?
I always thought LNOE was set in the 80s, if that is the case Father Joseph would have moved to Woodinvale in the 60s about 4 years after the zombie outbreak that we know about from the News paper from SotF.
Why can't he just be a perfect Christian man? Lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's