TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-12-2015 04:51 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote: [ -> ]Alas, I sold mine. Played it 6 times and it got way too simple for me. It's very funny, but not for me.

Pity. That's why I like it is for the speed/ease of play + faithfulness to the Slasher genre. For me, it's makes a nice change of pace from my other games. Watchmen02
Yeah, so far my group has really been digging it. I love it, myself. I do understand the objection to how simple it is. I personally view that as a plus and don't think it is overly simple, but I can see why others may. Still, I am definitely loving this game. I love horror movies, so this is kind of like getting to be in my own Friday the 13th movie..... Except, you know, with a dude in a grizzly bear mask instead of a hockey mask.
Dang, I wish I felt the same way about it. Maybe it shines more with other players but, for my taste, it was just 'go here and get a card', rinse and repeat. I paid a fortune to get it imported and couldn't wait to play it. When I did, my first reaction was 'is that it?'

My biggest let down of the year. I desperately wanted to like it but the lack of any decisions meant it had to go.
(06-19-2015 06:25 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, so far my group has really been digging it. I love it, myself. I do understand the objection to how simple it is. I personally view that as a plus and don't think it is overly simple, but I can see why others may. Still, I am definitely loving this game. I love horror movies, so this is kind of like getting to be in my own Friday the 13th movie..... Except, you know, with a dude in a grizzly bear mask instead of a hockey mask.

Glad to hear you're digging it. It's got enough depth for me, but I'm a theme guy anyway, so there is that. I'm just glad to have a Slasher game that gets the genre & gets it right. Insane21Zombie15Insane16

I suspect the expansions will add more choices & such, but YMMV & all that. Insane20
I get what you mean about the repetitiveness of the game, Bear. I actually kinda dig the format for this game, though. One, you always get to draw a new card. Two, the cards can be all sorts of different things. It can be a weapon, some sort of event, an attack by the killer. So, you kind of never know what is going to happen. Still, I get why it is maybe not for everybody.

Did you happen to get the expansions as well? To MoonSylver's point, perhaps they will add some more depth.
I didn’t manage to catch the Kickstarter but got it on pre-order and can safely say this game is awesome. It’s a popular hit with my gaming group and is one that we can regularly rely/agree on playing when we can’t decide on what to play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's