TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: IfOS minis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jojo, the Dancing Bear - ready to show the martians what a ... erm, TUTU is made of ...?! Zombie17

[Image: JojoKopie_zps05c6867d.jpg]

He was a rather quick job; for big parts of the fur I used a technique I don't really like: Drybrushing. But painting all those hairs "by hand" would have driven me nuts, so I only picked a few areas that got some extra attention. The tutu could be a bit smoother too, but considering Jojo is a gaming piece, I'm happy with how he turned out. Watchmen02
You should have based JoJo with some cabbage Watchmen02
(11-10-2013 03:53 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]You should have based JoJo with some cabbage Watchmen02

Yeah, or with a barrell full of fish! Zombie17
Maybe I have some bits lying around here somewhere ...
Hey JoJo worked out a treat. What more can you have done? It's a bear in a tutu Watchmen02

Thanks for sharing and keep it up. I really enjoy seeing TZG members painting results!
Finally finished the next one: Hannah, the Firebreather! Zombie17
I think she turned out pretty nice. Hope you guys agree?

[Image: Hannahvorne_zpsb3a42bc7.jpg]

Greetings,
Fred
Nice work! I really like the vibrant yellows and reds. Props for the OSL at the end of the torch too! I know that's not easyWatchmen02 Possibly your best yet.

Keep it up and keep posting.
+1 rep
Looks great. I have one piece of constructive criticism (and I see many painters do this). When painting flames, the lighter colors should be painted on the inside and get darker as you come to the outside. For instance, the area closest to the torch should be white and yellow (hence the expression white-hot) and then taper off to orange and then red as the flame extends.

I often see people do the opposite, reds that lead to orange that then lead to yellow, because we've been trained to continuously dry brush in lighter colors. But flames are the exception. The hottest part of a fire (the center, or origin) is white at it's hottest point and then leads to yellow, orange, then red.

I know that's being picky, but that is honestly the only advice I can give on this figure. Everything else looks great!
Sorry for the late reply, but I was very busy during the last days.

Quote:When painting flames, the lighter colors should be painted on the inside and get darker as you come to the outside.

I'm sure this sounds like a cheap excuse, but that's exactly how I painted it. I have no clue why it appears to be the exact opposite on the pics. Maybe it's because my cam always has problems when capturing reds. I highlighted the recesses and darkened the higher areas. They just appear to be reversed somehow. Zombie12
But anyway: Glad you guys like the paintjob! And your critique is really appreciated, I would have criticised the flame myself if I didn't know how it looks in reality. Zombie17

In the meantime, I finished the next hero: Cassidy, the Trickshooter:

[Image: Cassidy2Kopie_zps47f37378.jpg]

Pics are not the best (again). Her face looks much better in RL, but meh ...

Greetings,
Fred
I love how you paint black hair! The guns look good highlighted with blue too, rather than with mettalics. The flesh is also better with this model so well done for the impovement in your painting style. This model's hard for me to fault, if I could offer any critisms I would say the tie and the belt strings? Look quite 2D and stand out too much. This focus' the eye to these parts rather than the main focus which, in my opinion, should be her face.
I really like this latest character. Really, nice job!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's