TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gritty Greetings from Austria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there guys,

with zombies becoming a mass phenomenon I really grew tired of the genre, so LNoE was actually the last of the FFPG games I bought and only because there was a guy who sold it to me with Growing Hunger included for a very reasonable price.
Now let me clarify that I actually much prefer A Touch of Evil to LNoE - HOWEVER, there is something to be said for the straight-forwardness that LNOE brings to the table, which, to be honest, makes these two games very different affairs, which is great, since they scratch different itches for me.
Now I consider myself a fan, even though I still think there's too many zombie games made these days.
Aside from the simplicity, I especially think that the biggest strenght of LNoE is it's modularity. It is so easy to add or change stuff.

And this is why I decided to join this community, so that I can partake in the creation of new content for it.

So there ya go, that's all I got! Watchmen02
Welcome. And I think you hit the nail on the head in your comparison of ATOE and LNOE. ATOE is what brought me to the site but I now enjoy LNOE just as much for different reasons - the straight forward head to head feel is one of them. They both scratch different itches for me also - well put!
Welcome to TZG, my preferred Game is also AToE but I also own LNoE with a couple of expansions.
Looking forward to your creations.

OD
Welcome to the shrine of the Flying Frog!

I have not played A Touch of Evil, but I considered it while at my local game store on Sunday.

One day...
Greetings Nerzenjaeger,
I agree the market has become saturated with Zombie paraphernalia but I can't help but love those rotten freaksZombie17

I play LNoE and AToE. Those games are my two favourites.
Don't get me wrong guys, since watching the remake of Dawn of the Dead ten years ago and watching the classics as a child even before that in the early to mid-nineties, the popcultural acceptance of the genre has risen to mainstream heights. So it's not that I dislike the genre, I just find myself to be oversaturated. That being said, I really enjoy Carnival Zombie, which also is a Zombie Boardgame, but a fully cooperative one.

As for AToE: I have everything there is for the game. From the promos to the Hero Packs, to the Expansions of course, everything. Same with Fortune & Glory, which AToE is closer to than LNoE. AToE even is one of the few games that I play solo from time to time, it just tells such a cool story.

Now I would love if there was an offical solo mode for LNoE, but it is not as easy to implement I guess.
Welcome to the boards! I love both A Touch of Evil and Last Night On Earth, so I definitely hear you. For my part, I do lean more towards LNOE. Not quite sure why. I love all sorts of horror monsters, not just zombies, so it isn't just because LNOE is a zombie game. Just something about it appeals to me just a teeny tiny bit more. But, both games are still very awesome! I have not gotten to play the other Flying Frog games yet, but am very much looking forward to doing so.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Hope we see you around a lot more.
Reference URL's