TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: So, who else really likes the official CD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think that it's really truly exceptionally awesome, and suits a cheesy '80s zombie movie motif very well while standing as worthwhile music in its own right. I've even taken the time to work out how to play parts them on my guitar, though that doesn't take too terribly long, as I've been playing long enough to have developed a bit of an ear for when I'm hunting for a note.

So, I guess in general, I'm just wondering, because a bunch of people are whiny jerks about the music and I don't see why.

A couple of my favorites include:
From the Shadows (worked out the rhythm and part of the melody on guitar)
Heavy Rain
Heroic Resolve
Escape in the truck (still stuck on the first parts...something makes me want to say they're barre chords that the guitar is playing, but I'm not the person to ask)
Haunted by the Past
Ending Credits

Which means that half of the CD is my favorite, but hey, I can't control the awesomeness. I can merely gauge it and obsess over it. Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms of the CD that I'll probably disagree with?
This is weird ,I don't remember LNoE CD:rolleyes:.
I'll have to go find it but I don't think I ever played it,
but I got the Game from an original pre order,so
it's been awhile.

The AToE,which is really my favorite Game,now that
CD & it's Extended version I have & play.I first tried
to play the CD's as background while playing the Game
but found it too distracting.So my first impression was negetative.

Then I began to play it during the Game set up or just
by itself in a darkened room with some wine & cheese
(this I think should be mandatory) & came to really appreciate
it.

I do think a lot of the negative remarks about the
CD's were due to people thinking it was game
background music & then finding out it really wasn't.

OD
i play it in the background as soon as my hands touch the box all the way until it's back in the game closet. I love my CD's.
I enjoy the CDs as background music for the game. I think they add a great deal.
I've enjoyed and used it and have been trying to get the extended one for a few months now.
I should order the atoe as well.

I like pretty much the same songs you have listed.
RandomZombieFan Wrote:Escape in the truck (still stuck on the first parts...something makes me want to say they're barre chords that the guitar is playing, but I'm not the person to ask)
Haunted by the Past
Ending Credits

Thanks for the wonderful comments on the CD I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'm kinda a weirdo when it comes to chords sometimes, but I never barre them, as that hurts like all hell. It's just a simple Em, Cadd9, and then an unbarred B, like this one http://www.8notes.com/guitar_Chord_chart/B.asp (the top picture) with only the bottom 4 strings playing. I hope that helps.
soundgirl Wrote:Thanks for the wonderful comments on the CD I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'm kinda a weirdo when it comes to chords sometimes, but I never barre them, as that hurts like all hell. It's just a simple Em, Cadd9, and then an unbarred B, like this one http://www.8notes.com/guitar_Chord_chart/B.asp (the top picture) with only the bottom 4 strings playing. I hope that helps.

Yeah, I've been listening to the music from the CD for a long time, since before I even bought LNOE, thanks to MySpace. I also listened to some of AToE's music, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to put it on my christmas list. I hope that it tells you something that your CD has pretty much sold me on AToE, a game that I was somewhat on the fence about before.

At any rate, I'm very glad to know I'm not the only one who has problems with barre chords. It took me a few months of practice to play them with any consistency, and even that's only on my electric. If I wanted to play them on my acoustic, it'd probably take me a solid year or so to get the hand strength. And yes, your advice helps immensely, though there are still lots of parts that I want to figure out. Watchmen02
I simply love the CD Watchmen02. I use it as background music when we are playing the game. I created myself a second one with some tracks from the old dawn of the dead movie, planet terror, 28 days later and a track from tristania. The original cd is good enough but when we really play for a long time in a row it's fun to add diversity. I'll have to put my hands on the extended CD in january Watchmen02.

Thanx soundgirl for your good work Watchmen02
Yeah, I agree. I've thought the CD was a 'value added' inclusion from the get go. It adds great background tension, and is really fun to have.

Cheers for Flying Frog for thinking 'outside' of the traditional box, and adding something so cool.
I wasn't moved by the regular CD, but I keep the SE CDs for LNOE and ATOE in my car as part of my CD rotation...I really think the added tracks add THAT MUCH to them...and I generally dislike instrumentals.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's