TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gasoline Explosion and Heroes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'm new to the game and this forum. I'm having a blast with LNOE and will be rapidly picking up expansions and more content for the game.

I apologize right now if I missed this but what happens when a hero dies from a gasoline explosion. I know the rules say they are killed but do they come back as a zombie hero if using the advanced rules? Rationally I wouldn't think they come back at all but the rules simply state they return as a zombie hero if killed.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
They come back as a Zombie Hero if your sunmarker is in the black zone.
Aha, the difficult part of the rules. I recommend you REPEATEDLY reread the two pages about death of heroes. They'll come back as a zombie hero (and be replaced for the hero player -- both happen at the same time) under three conditions:

A: The sun track marker is towards the top in the black zone.
B: It is the last hero controlled by that player.
C: The game has "dot rules" that say Always Zombie Heroes/Heroes replenish.

Basically, because of B, if each player controls one and only one hero, ALL instances of a hero's death create a zombie hero and are replaced immediately by drawing a new hero. Under situations where one player controls multiple heroes, then oftentimes you'll be down a hero overall if one dies.

PS: Welcome to the forums, Maz!
mqstout Wrote:Aha, the difficult part of the rules. I recommend you REPEATEDLY reread the two pages about death of heroes. They'll come back as a zombie hero (and be replaced for the hero player -- both happen at the same time) under three conditions:

A: The sun track marker is towards the top in the black zone.
B: It is the last hero controlled by that player.
C: The game has "dot rules" that say Always Zombie Heroes/Heroes replenish.

Basically, because of B, if each player controls one and only one hero, ALL instances of a hero's death create a zombie hero and are replaced immediately by drawing a new hero. Under situations where one player controls multiple heroes, then oftentimes you'll be down a hero overall if one dies.

PS: Welcome to the forums, Maz!

Guys thanks very much for the clarification. I knew about the hero turning into a zombie hero if still in the black zone and if it was the players last hero. I would of played it right in this instance but I got out voted since it wasn't a zombie that caused the death thus initiation the transformation into a zombie hero. Watchmen02 So now I know regardless of the method of death they still come back as a zombie hero. Watchmen02

Thanks very much again for the clarification!
The cause of death is irrelevant. I've had plenty of games won because the heroes sacrificed themselves one too many times. (Remember, zombies always win after 4 heroes are dead.)
Reference URL's