TheZombieGame.com Forums
Green or Blue? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Green or Blue? (/Thread-Green-or-Blue)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Green or Blue? - soundguy - 11-28-2010 12:37 AM

I do one of 3 things.

green wash over white,

purple wash over white.

or black wash over 'elf flesh' ( citidal paints )

soundguy

RE: Green or Blue? - flightmek25 - 11-29-2010 10:36 PM

I say green only because I am painting mine that color. Some people mentioned painting them different to represent different zombie teams. I plan on painting the rim of my bases the original colors to distinguish them. This should keep them life-like looking enough to appease the eye while maintaining game functionality. Hope this helped...

RE: Green or Blue? - soundguy - 11-29-2010 10:37 PM

i did the same.. I left a ring of original color around the bases.

soundguy

RE: Green or Blue? - Vin Oup - 12-21-2010 10:25 PM

blue is better

RE: Green or Blue? - Nebulon - 12-31-2010 12:57 AM

Green = Swamp Zombie???

RE: Green or Blue? - juan-agustin - 01-18-2011 08:41 AM

I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.

RE: Green or Blue? - samuraitrev - 01-18-2011 02:36 PM

(01-18-2011 08:41 AM)juan-agustin Wrote:  I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.

I've never been much of a fan of the green zombie flesh personally. It's now become generic and expected at least within the GW painters. I realise a lot of painters really like the finished results. I've just done so many greenie zombies when I painted my huge undead army that I just don't enjoy painting them that way anymore. I prefer painting them Dawn of the Dead style a bloodless pallor with signs of rigor mortis. It's not hard to get good results either. Basic coat light grey. Wash with a purple wash or watered down purple paint. Highlight with lighter grey or the same grey as before mixed with a small amount of white.
Add gore.
Lots of gore.
For a look at more indepth zombie painting see this guide I did. There's green, grey and flesh zombies. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thread-How-to-paint-a-Zombie-3-styles-Freshly-Arisen-Rigor-Mortis-Putrified-Matter .I agree with Flightmek's and Spartan's comments on how to distinguish the different zombie players. Paint the bases green or brown; or paint your zombies two different styles green and grey. Happy painting and let us know how you get onWatchmen02

RE: Green or Blue? - soundguy - 01-18-2011 04:19 PM

I love purple wash.

I also did most of mine a-la dawn of the dead late style.. whiteish blood drained flesh with purple wash.

did some 'fresh' ones with still a hint of flesh tone and alot of blood splatter..

soundguy

RE: Green or Blue? - juan-agustin - 01-18-2011 10:08 PM

(01-18-2011 02:36 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-18-2011 08:41 AM)juan-agustin Wrote:  I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.

I've never been much of a fan of the green zombie flesh personally. It's now become generic and expected at least within the GW painters. I realise a lot of painters really like the finished results. I've just done so many greenie zombies when I painted my huge undead army that I just don't enjoy painting them that way anymore. I prefer painting them Dawn of the Dead style a bloodless pallor with signs of rigor mortis. It's not hard to get good results either. Basic coat light grey. Wash with a purple wash or watered down purple paint. Highlight with lighter grey or the same grey as before mixed with a small amount of white.
Add gore.
Lots of gore.
For a look at more indepth zombie painting see this guide I did. There's green, grey and flesh zombies. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thread-How-to-paint-a-Zombie-3-styles-Freshly-Arisen-Rigor-Mortis-Putrified-Matter .I agree with Flightmek's and Spartan's comments on how to distinguish the different zombie players. Paint the bases green or brown; or paint your zombies two different styles green and grey. Happy painting and let us know how you get onWatchmen02

Thank you for the advice. I like the idea of a grey coat. I'll give it a try (don't know when, I'm a bit busy lately)

RE: Green or Blue? - Mamont - 02-05-2011 11:50 PM

Green with flesh tones and black wash is better... :}