TheZombieGame.com Forums
First Playthrough: - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Conquest of Planet Earth (/Forum-Conquest-of-Planet-Earth)
+--- Forum: CoPE General Discussion (/Forum-CoPE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: First Playthrough: (/Thread-First-Playthrough--1622)

First Playthrough: - gavindowning - 01-27-2011 06:25 PM

I did my first playthrough last night -- a four-player cooperative session. My friends and I did make a couple of mistakes as we went, but for the most part, with a combination of lucky roles and lucky draws, we took over the earth with about 2 turns (maximum) to spare. It was a TON of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing some more.

I am hoping that they're going to eventually release the Martians (from IFOS) as a playable alien race, rather than just as a (very useful) Event card, but other than that, I have no complaints. Everyone had a blast.

RE: First Playthrough: - Orguss - 01-27-2011 07:23 PM

Thanks. I'll be picking it up ASAP

RE: First Playthrough: - Worldmaggot - 01-27-2011 09:02 PM

(01-27-2011 06:25 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I did my first playthrough last night -- a four-player cooperative session. My friends and I did make a couple of mistakes as we went, but for the most part, with a combination of lucky roles and lucky draws, we took over the earth with about 2 turns (maximum) to spare. It was a TON of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing some more.

I am hoping that they're going to eventually release the Martians (from IFOS) as a playable alien race, rather than just as a (very useful) Event card, but other than that, I have no complaints. Everyone had a blast.

Sounds good. Mine was waiting for me after work Last Night. Didn't have time to play it unfortunately. Hoping for a solo run through tomorrow morning, and some full plays on my Saturday game night.

RE: First Playthrough: - blutch75 - 02-06-2011 09:48 PM

How long to it took for your first 4 player session ?
My copy isn't arrived yet, but hopefully would be here in the next few days and i was wondering if i could set a game in the 2 hours of free time that i have every wednesday after lunch time...

RE: First Playthrough: - gavindowning - 02-06-2011 11:59 PM

The first game took about 90 minutes to 2 hours. The second game was much faster, since we didn't need to check the rulebook nearly as often; we did it in about an hour. I suspect an hour will be the typical playthrough time once the rules are fully down.

RE: First Playthrough: - shipper - 02-16-2011 05:23 AM

ive been thinking about getting this one, how does it compare to LNOE

RE: First Playthrough: - Orguss - 02-16-2011 02:32 PM

LNOE is much better. I'm sure I'm playing a little bit differently, but none the less. I like player vs player, and this is like ATOE with the villian/humans just being cards and a phase.

With that said, if you have the money, it seems like it's going to be a good addition. Same quality as their others. I hope I get the hang of the game soon as I wish the rules were a little clearer on some parts. (And if the rules are the way we played them, the game can drag on something fierce)

I'd give it a C+ where as LNOE is an A+ and ATOE is a B, but I also haven't mastered all the rules so I may in fact be upgrading that grade once it's awesome.

RE: First Playthrough: - Old Dwarf - 02-17-2011 07:27 PM

I on the otherhand like the "play against the Game thing"
This makes me more interested in the Game but it still
not on must get list.

OD

RE: First Playthrough: - Emp - 05-10-2011 11:27 AM

My box arrived yesterday, didn't have time to go trough the rulebook. But I am looknig forward to play it Watchmen02

RE: First Playthrough: - Canadian Pittbull - 06-12-2011 12:59 PM

I bought this when it was released but I've been so busy in the last few months that I haven't been able to play it yet. Hoping once June is done I have some relaxation time and can bust the game out and give it a play. Plus there are cool pieces that need a paint job!