TheZombieGame.com Forums
Lumberjack and others - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Lumberjack and others (/Thread-Lumberjack-and-others)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Lumberjack and others - JMun233 - 03-09-2011 04:24 AM

(03-08-2011 06:17 PM)Orguss Wrote:  At no point should you discard an item and have only a 30% chance to kill.

It should be discard the axe to hit on a 3+. And that's it.

the only reason i have it this way is because of zombie heroes, on the roll of 2+ a regular zombie is killed but a zombie hero is wounded, on the roll of 5+ a zombie hero or regular zombie is killed, that way its not to OP by killing anything an 3+, because as someone who plays zombies i hate working really hard to get a zombie hero then losing him to a shovel the next turn. (i think the shovel allows you to kill any zombie beaten in a fight, if not you get the idea lol)

RE: Lumberjack and others - Orguss - 03-09-2011 02:25 PM

That's not really how it's worded. If you want it to do 1 wound, just say hit. That means one wound. Kill means all remaining health boxes. If you don't want it to instantly kill ZH's, just make it say hit.

IE: Revolver doesn't kill Zombie Heroes. It just does 1 wound.

So make it's ability discard/range 3 Hit's on a 3(or 4)+.

RE: Lumberjack and others - gavindowning - 03-09-2011 03:50 PM

Orguss: Are you looking at the first version at the top of the thread, or the revision lower down? On the revision, he says "hits."

RE: Lumberjack and others - deadrabbit - 03-09-2011 06:16 PM

(03-07-2011 06:11 AM)gavindowning Wrote:  I also might knock Colin's move bonus to +1. A +2 is really powerful. Yes, he can't use building pick-ups, but that doesn't come into effect every game. I might give him something else that's mildly useful, but a +2 move might be a bit too much.
!

maybe turning him into a student (giving him only two health) would make him more fair.

RE: Lumberjack and others - JMun233 - 03-09-2011 06:59 PM

(03-09-2011 02:25 PM)Orguss Wrote:  That's not really how it's worded. If you want it to do 1 wound, just say hit. That means one wound. Kill means all remaining health boxes. If you don't want it to instantly kill ZH's, just make it say hit.

IE: Revolver doesn't kill Zombie Heroes. It just does 1 wound.

So make it's ability discard/range 3 Hit's on a 3(or 4)+.

i understand where you are coming from but i want it to be able to miss/hit/kill depending on the roll. If you roll a one you miss if you roll a 2,3,or 4 you hit and if you roll a 5-6 you kill. i figure if you are getting rid of your axe it should have a good chance to hit but i don't want it to kill every time cause they aren't easy to throw let alone aim. so with a 2-4 you hit an arm or torso or something and with a 5+ you hit its head. but as i said earlier i dislike all the weapons that say "kill any zombie beaten in a fight" because with these you lose your zombie hero with no more effort or luck then a regular zombie, and its frustrating.

RE: Lumberjack and others - vikinglad - 03-09-2011 07:23 PM

(03-09-2011 06:59 PM)JMun233 Wrote:  i understand where you are coming from but i want it to be able to miss/hit/kill depending on the roll.

I like this approach. It feels new; is there anything else that works like this? I don't have all of the expansions. Sounds reasonable to me.

RE: Lumberjack and others - JMun233 - 03-09-2011 08:32 PM

(03-09-2011 07:23 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I like this approach. It feels new; is there anything else that works like this? I don't have all of the expansions. Sounds reasonable to me.

as far as i know this is the only one, not 100% sure on that though

RE: Lumberjack and others - Ryuk - 03-10-2011 12:00 AM

I'm also liking this miss/hit/kill idea. Very cool.

I'm thinking I'd like to see just 1 item discarded to get back his axe. Seems like quite a few turns could go by before one gets 2 to pitch. (And wouldn't the other Heroes be a little ticked at all the Items he keeps tossing?)

Has there been any playtesting yet?

RE: Lumberjack and others - JMun233 - 03-10-2011 01:52 AM

(03-10-2011 12:00 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  Has there been any playtesting yet?

no there hasn't yet hopefully soon, as for the discarding only one it could change to that but i was worried it would be over powered to discard one item and be able to kill a regular zombie at 2+ items aren't to hard to come by and the axe is a decent item so i don't want it to be thrown without thought. i was thinking it was more of a desperate times call for desperate measures throw.

RE: Lumberjack and others - Orguss - 03-10-2011 07:58 PM

OOOOOH, The way you have it worded, I read it as:

Discard. Roll a d6, on a 2+ it hits it's target/space. On another D6 roll of 5+ it kills. Which makes it almost pointless to throw.

I still think honestly the fact he cant keep searching for the axe ala Sheriff, means it should just hit on a 2+. The Flare Gun is that awesome for a reason. You have to discard it. And there are places where you can pickup a flare gun for no penalty. Not discard two penalty.