TheZombieGame.com Forums
Against all odds - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Rules? (/Forum-LNoE-Rules)
+--- Thread: Against all odds (/Thread-Against-all-odds)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Against all odds - mqstout - 02-17-2012 03:39 AM

Victor, with your interpretation -- "they are not killed" -- it wouldn't count as a victory point towards a Zombie player's goal of winning. It, however, clearly does and is stated repeatedly as such.

RE: Against all odds - PJON - 02-17-2012 03:05 PM

Hi, I sorta think the "in anyway" clause tops it. the next wound that the hero would take, would cause them to be no longer living, aka Zombie.

RE: Against all odds - victor.w - 02-17-2012 09:06 PM

But zombies are UNdead, not dead. The Hero is turned into a Zombie Hero, but the Zombies don't get a mark towards their win.

RE: Against all odds - Spidey NZ - 02-17-2012 11:11 PM

(02-17-2012 09:06 PM)victor.w Wrote:  But zombies are UNdead, not dead. The Hero is turned into a Zombie Hero, but the Zombies don't get a mark towards their win.

ha ha. considered among humans and the living, they are no longer with us.

RE: Against all odds - August700212 - 10-25-2017 12:18 AM

Has this been officially answered?

I agree that Against All Odds trumps I feel Kinda Strange or having two infection markers. But Against all Odds says "until the end of the turn" and does not prevent the wounds or second infection marker therefore would the hero die/turn in to a zombie as soon as the turn ends?

How does Against all Odds work with "I'll See You In Hell"? Does Against All Odds save the hero from death or are wounds filled and the hero dies at the end of the turn? If all wounds are filled then cards such as Just a Scratch or Not Without a Fight can be used to save the hero when using "I'll See You In Hell".

RE: Against all odds - August700212 - 10-26-2017 03:24 PM

The answer to this is in the rule book.

Rules Notes:
May Not Be Killed - If a model 'may not be Killed' it means that they may not be killed or turned into a Zombie Hero in any way. The model may still be wounded, they just cannot take their last wound. A model that 'may not be Killed' may not self-inflict a wound that would normally kill them (Ex - Father Joseph's Strength of Spirit ability).

RE: Against all odds - samuraitrev - 10-26-2017 06:59 PM

Against All Odds

'Play this card on any Hero. Until the end of the turn, That Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and cannot be Killed in any way.
Limit one Heroic card per Hero.'

This came up mentioning the card See You in Hell in conjunction with Against All Odds

'It states that the Hero is 'Removed from the board'. For this reason, no amount of 'preventing Wounds' (or preventing a character from being killed in any way with the card Against All Odds) is going to help. Even if the Wounds are prevented, the character is still 'Removed from the Board'.'
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/4323737#4323737

Another clarification here (credit to August 700212):

May Not Be Killed
Part of the 'may not be killed' is that the Hero may not be turned into a Zombie Hero in any way.

Growing Hunger Rulebook (p.12)

hope this helpsWatchmen02