TheZombieGame.com Forums
Fast or slow zombies? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Media (/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Fast or slow zombies? (/Thread-Fast-or-slow-zombies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - scarydk - 07-20-2012 01:23 PM

(07-20-2012 01:00 PM)sickboy Wrote:  I see you've met one of my ex-girlfriends...

It was a short encounter. Didn't realize it was an ex when she appeared in shotgun range. Sorry.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - soundguy - 07-20-2012 11:09 PM

yep.. for zombie ex's I'd prefer pistol range.. Watchmen02

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - scarydk - 07-21-2012 06:24 AM

Anything that makes me say "Oooooh, that's gotta hurt" is good in my book. But the more brain scatter the merrier, as I always say...

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - DrkBlueXG - 09-25-2012 01:15 AM

it has to be a mix of both, biologically speaking, to be a good zombie movie. I like Night of the Living Dead, but they are just way too slow to be any real threat if they didn't stay in that damn house. if a slow zombie apoc happens, you will have to resort to a nomad way of living to survive. easy.
I like the idea of a pack mentality for LNOE. could be the same as Martian Packs, except its for movement for zeds instead of ray guns. I might have to toy around with this concept in future LNOE/IFOS crossovers.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Atraangelis - 09-25-2012 01:31 AM

I like a mix of fast and slow, what i dont like are supernatural zombies... Ones with extraordinary special abilities ala L4D, and zombicide....

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - DrkBlueXG - 09-25-2012 01:55 AM

(09-25-2012 01:31 AM)Atraangelis Wrote:  what i dont like are supernatural zombies... Ones with extraordinary special abilities ala L4D, and zombicide....

Return of the Living Dead was memorable, but a horrible zombie movie because it did away with the "Destroy the Brain" rule and made severed limbs reanimate.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - StayPuft - 09-25-2012 07:30 PM

(09-25-2012 01:31 AM)Atraangelis Wrote:  I like a mix of fast and slow, what i dont like are supernatural zombies... Ones with extraordinary special abilities ala L4D, and zombicide....

Yeah. I would agree with you here. I mean, I've yet to play L4D, so I don't know exactly what kind of "special abilities" they have. But, I definitely don't think zombies should have special powers. They are just living dead. I mean, the kind of "powers" some of the specialty zombies get in LNOE are just fine. They aren't really powers per se, so I can let it slide. I mean, things like being freshly dead so they move faster, or Zombie Heroes being harder to kill than an average zombie are not really powers. It is more so just showing they are a different KIND of zombie, but still a zombie nonetheless.

Even the radioactive zombies I don't mind. Because, again, it isn't like they have special powers. They just happened to wander through radiation, or be near the meteorite that feel and therefore became irradiated.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Atraangelis - 09-25-2012 08:00 PM

Im refering to the elite "zombie"types.. the brute, super strong muscle thing.. the one that has some superlong tounge to snare players with... the witch...really??

Zombiecide shares some of these same concepts.. zombies..+ supernatural variants that go against the grain of this being a decomposing corpse...

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - soundguy - 09-25-2012 10:32 PM

my take on it is the left for ded zeds are actually infected living people.. and mutated living infected people.. not actually back from the dead corpses.

for corpse based zombies. I'd say 1 good summer or winter should get them. insect infestation and or freezing and effects of elements.

at most a zombie apocylipse should last a year. after a month, infection rates should plunge as population dies back. even if it is airborn.. it should taper off quick

in L4dead the survivors in the game you play are immune..

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - StayPuft - 09-26-2012 08:01 PM

(09-25-2012 08:00 PM)Atraangelis Wrote:  Im refering to the elite "zombie"types.. the brute, super strong muscle thing.. the one that has some superlong tounge to snare players with... the witch...really??

Zombiecide shares some of these same concepts.. zombies..+ supernatural variants that go against the grain of this being a decomposing corpse...

I could see having a "super strong" zombie. That I could let pass, as long as that is because the person was "super strong" when they were alive. Like a body builder, or a pro wrestler, or something.

I agree with you on the super long tongue or the witch thing, though. To me, that is cool, but that's not zombies. Zombies are just living dead, or infected if you prefer. A normal, average Joe turned into a zombie shouldn't suddenly have laser eyes, or the ability to make your head explode by looking at you. Unless maybe we are talking about zombies in a comic book universe, and they person becoming a zombie already head laser eyes, or the ability to make your head explode by looking at you. LOL!