TheZombieGame.com Forums
Fast or slow zombies? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Media (/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Fast or slow zombies? (/Thread-Fast-or-slow-zombies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - soundguy - 09-26-2012 08:45 PM

of all the zombie styles.. I really tend to like the 'infected' living person the most, as it could be the most real. IE.. you could have a disease that makes you go crazy.. but doesn't kill you off fast.. yet remains contagious from bites, etc.. and the crazy person might survive days, weeks, months or a year or more.. insane.. but 'rabid' .. still eating, drinking and sleeping.. etc.

lack of health care and personal grooming and other issues and exposure would eventually get them.. so their lifespan would be limited.. can't see one lasting mor ethan a year or so... would explain why they don't bloat up and rott or decay and dry up like every other corpse that gets left out inthe wild. the 'dead' zombies realy should only pose a threat for a month or so at most.. and deffinately not make it past a real cold or real hot season.

insect predation alone should handle alot of it.

I did see one style where a fungus took over your body at the moment of clinical death and reanimated you.. heart started beating again.. and you lost higher brain function.. etc.. you still slowly died from lack of care.. but it was more like the infected living vs the truly re-animate dead.. which.. is so much less real and all but totally impossible.. Watchmen02
of all the zombie styles.. I really tend to like the 'infected' living person the most, as it could be the most real. IE.. you could have a disease that makes you go crazy.. but doesn't kill you off fast.. yet remains contagious from bites, etc.. and the crazy person might survive days, weeks, months or a year or more.. insane.. but 'rabid' .. still eating, drinking and sleeping.. etc.

lack of health care and personal grooming and other issues and exposure would eventually get them.. so their lifespan would be limited.. can't see one lasting mor ethan a year or so... would explain why they don't bloat up and rott or decay and dry up like every other corpse that gets left out inthe wild. the 'dead' zombies realy should only pose a threat for a month or so at most.. and deffinately not make it past a real cold or real hot season.

insect predation alone should handle alot of it.

I did see one style where a fungus took over your body at the moment of clinical death and reanimated you.. heart started beating again.. and you lost higher brain function.. etc.. you still slowly died from lack of care.. but it was more like the infected living vs the truly re-animate dead.. which.. is so much less real and all but totally impossible.. Watchmen02

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Karden5048 - 09-27-2012 04:51 AM

In general I like the slow Zed better then the fast zed. Though for a good zombie video game the fast zed is the way to go.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - soundguy - 09-27-2012 12:41 PM

i like slow and in increasing numbers, and from all sides.. that's realistic...

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Karden5048 - 09-27-2012 04:25 PM

Fair enough.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - soundguy - 09-27-2012 04:27 PM

mind you.. everybody gets to choose what they like.. Watchmen02

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Karden5048 - 09-29-2012 12:01 AM

Indeed personal preference is the spice of life.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - Brentis - 10-01-2012 04:10 AM

"Walking" Dead zombies....slow....unless they see their "meal" then shamble.

RE: Fast or slow zombies? - funcall - 10-01-2012 04:55 AM

Yeah, it's got to be slow for me. Though, the starting faster slowing down over time of Walking Dead seems... logical(?).