TheZombieGame.com Forums
LNOE Scenario randomizer - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: LNOE Scenario randomizer (/Thread-LNOE-Scenario-randomizer)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - mqstout - 07-05-2012 01:55 PM

As a recreational coder, I demand you be more open and transparent. Zombie03

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - LFuzer - 07-05-2012 02:44 PM

Wow, Argailwall! The little program is very useful! Thanks!

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - argailwall - 07-05-2012 02:51 PM

Ok it is finished, now you can check each one of the expansions you own(this was made to make it easier to add new expansions in the future) you can now save the names of the players. The programm now creates some ini files, dont worry these are to keep your settings and even if you lose them or delete it will create new ones when you run it again.

Hope you like it
1st post will be edited in some seconds

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - EvilNed - 07-05-2012 11:37 PM

This da bomb.

Any chance of seeing this on an iPhone?

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - ZombieWaffle - 07-06-2012 05:51 AM

This is really cool! I've been looking for a better way at picking scenarios since the 4 web supplements and "It fell from the Sky" don't come on tiles like the rest of it.

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - argailwall - 07-06-2012 06:54 AM

ok now i want your opinions,

some will think that having all these files around is frustrating(and they are right since it is just a simple application but i dont want to save these files deep in your pc and let them in there forever like garbage)
if i drop these files the program won't remember your choices and you will have to check your elements and players each time.

So what do you think? Files and saving or not?

as for the iphone i wish i could but i have no apple machine to work on, i have an ipad but as long as i know i need a mac to code in iOS

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - j0hnnn - 07-06-2012 11:52 AM

let the files there friend... they're usefull

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - EvilNed - 07-06-2012 01:58 PM

Me, myself, I'd say it's not worth having extra files just for the sake of the program remembering my choices.

It's a matter of just checking a few boxes anyway. I don't mind doing that everytime.

EDIT: Also;

The "Base Game" option should be mandatory and always checked. There's no reason not too, and the program crashes if you un-check it and click Get me those Brains.

EDIT2:

When the program rolls "All the Hallows Eve 2", it doesn't add the two extra heroes that the scenario requires.

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - argailwall - 07-06-2012 02:58 PM

thanks for the info evilned i will keep that in mind, I thought about Base Game always checked, but Timber Peak is on the way and then i will have to remove it in case someone wants Timber Peak as base game

I will fix the all hallows eve 2 problem and will try to make it a choice about keeping files or not

but that will be done on Monday, taking a vacation this weekend!

RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer - LFuzer - 07-06-2012 03:21 PM

A well deserved vacation! Go for it!