TheZombieGame.com Forums
I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( (/Thread-I-think-my-gaming-group-is-starting-to-die-out)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - alderdust - 01-25-2013 10:32 PM

(01-25-2013 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Sorry to hear about everybody else's stories of woe. Sounds like none of us are getting to play our beloved game(s) as much as we'd like. Then again, we could get to play every day and it wouldn't be enough. LOL!

Samurai,

If you can make it way over here then you are more than welcome. LOL!

Anyways, hopefully my group and I will still be able to meet sometimes. The few guys who do still come I know still want to come. Especially the one guy who is just as obsessed with zombies as I am, and has EVERY expansion for this game. So, it is at least good to know that they would be there if they could. I tend to have self-esteem issues and can't help but think it is me. LOL! That, or they don't like the games we play, or something. But, in this case, I know these guys want to be there, but have just gotten busy.

I started playing LNOE solo when I had a hankering and no one to play with you just have to be brutally honest and be ruthless.

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - kassle - 01-26-2013 01:37 AM

*sadface*

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - friskers96 - 01-26-2013 06:57 AM

I'm on my 3rd group in about 10 years... Always starts off hot, then slowly fizzles away... First one died from wife agro, he was our GM she was our Yoko... Next, was everyone abandoned the game, MTG is pricey... Now, we meet once to twice a month and play, hopefully it stays strong... We all have had the same issues with groups, so we have been maintaining a slow pace not to conflict with life. Also here in Vegas they have game nights at the local game and comic shops.. Great place to find a quick pick up game and meet new people..

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - Emp - 01-26-2013 01:59 PM

It is the same overhere man. People are just to busy to play more than once every couple of months Insane19

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - samuraitrev - 01-26-2013 04:29 PM

It's not you Staypuft, you're one of the coolest down to earth people on here. Chin up mate!

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - argailwall - 01-28-2013 11:47 AM

well i consider my self lucky, having affected a great number of friends into board games, i have more than 3 different alternatives for groups, this means i may have gaming sessions at least once a week but most times 2 or 3 days per week

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - samuraitrev - 01-28-2013 12:31 PM

(01-28-2013 11:47 AM)argailwall Wrote:  well i consider my self lucky, having affected a great number of friends into board games, i have more than 3 different alternatives for groups, this means i may have gaming sessions at least once a week but most times 2 or 3 days per week

Wow! You've done well there, enjoy! I count my self fortunate to be married to someone who thinks LNoE is a fun game too. The other couple who we game with have recently bought LNoE and game most nights!

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - StayPuft - 01-28-2013 09:00 PM

(01-25-2013 10:32 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I started playing LNOE solo when I had a hankering and no one to play with you just have to be brutally honest and be ruthless.

How do you play solo? Personally, I don't think it would be quite the same. I just can't imagine it being all that fun just playing against myself. Can't quite put my finger on why, but there is just something about playing against somebody else that makes it more fun. I mean, it would be different if it were a game designed so it CAN be played solo. Then it can still be a ton of fun played solo. But, this was a game meant to be played by at least two people.

(01-26-2013 06:57 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I'm on my 3rd group in about 10 years... Always starts off hot, then slowly fizzles away... First one died from wife agro, he was our GM she was our Yoko... Next, was everyone abandoned the game, MTG is pricey... Now, we meet once to twice a month and play, hopefully it stays strong... We all have had the same issues with groups, so we have been maintaining a slow pace not to conflict with life. Also here in Vegas they have game nights at the local game and comic shops.. Great place to find a quick pick up game and meet new people..

Sorry to hear that, Friskers. Yeah, that was actually kind of my concern. I figured, if the group does die out, then I could just give it a break for a little while and try to start a new group. I mean, when the comic shop advertised it for me the first time, we got a whole bunch of people in the first day, and had a good handful of regulars at first. So, why couldn't it work again if I gave it some time? I just sort of hope it doesn't come to that, because I like getting to play on a pretty regular basis. Even once a month just isn't enough. :-)

(01-26-2013 04:29 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  It's not you Staypuft, you're one of the coolest down to earth people on here. Chin up mate!

Thanks, samurai! That means a lot to me. Right back at you, bro! I always love reading your posts, and getting your input on mine. :-)

(01-28-2013 11:47 AM)argailwall Wrote:  well i consider my self lucky, having affected a great number of friends into board games, i have more than 3 different alternatives for groups, this means i may have gaming sessions at least once a week but most times 2 or 3 days per week

Dude! Argail, where do you live? Do you have any extra room to rent out? LOL! I want to join your gaming groups. ;-)

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - argailwall - 01-29-2013 10:55 AM

(01-28-2013 09:00 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Dude! Argail, where do you live? Do you have any extra room to rent out? LOL! I want to join your gaming groups. ;-)

well i was building this since when i was 15 years old (32 now) and started alternative gaming(RPGs,Collectible Card games, strategy board games) in my country (Greece) it is considered extremely alternative, but it is so much fun that everyone that sees is likes it. you are welcome to come to Greece StayPuft, but i guess it is kinda far...

RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-( - alderdust - 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

(01-28-2013 09:00 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 10:32 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I started playing LNOE solo when I had a hankering and no one to play with you just have to be brutally honest and be ruthless.

How do you play solo? Personally, I don't think it would be quite the same. I just can't imagine it being all that fun just playing against myself. Can't quite put my finger on why, but there is just something about playing against somebody else that makes it more fun. I mean, it would be different if it were a game designed so it CAN be played solo. Then it can still be a ton of fun played solo. But, this was a game meant to be played by at least two people.

Its actually very easy and quite fun I mean just play both sides if you can play a zombie card play it dont hold onto any cards just keep cycling your hand as much as possible. If you have people to play with constantly you never have to worry about this but I only can get a group together every few months and thats not enough to fuel my want to play. I have played about 3 games solo now and they are all very close just when its your turn as heroes play as you would make all the decisions as if you didnt know the zombie hand. When you are zombies do all the things you wouldnt want to happen if you were the hero and remember to cycle your hand as much as possible even if it doesnt make alot of sense to play that card now.