TheZombieGame.com Forums
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE General Discussion (/Forum-AToE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) (/Thread-Werewolf-The-Beast-Among-Us-movie)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - MoonSylver - 06-19-2013 11:02 PM

I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - StayPuft - 06-22-2013 10:55 PM

(06-19-2013 11:02 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Personally, I would recommend having a gaming session of ATOE where you take on the werewolf, then watch this movie. ;-) Or watch the movie then play ATOE. But, either way it would make for a great pair. Could even invite over a few buddies and make a little shindig out of it.

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - ATOEtalGeek - 06-25-2013 11:27 AM

My wife busts me continually for scouring the guide for one and a half star movies. I love a good cheesy horror movie where the heroes stalk the villain - happily, there's still a bit of Scooby-doo in me. It's fun guessing which hero will be the last one standing. And since I've come to know ATOE I can't separate the game from those movies - and it has helped enlighten her as well, since she also loves the game Watchmen02

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - Wasteland Jack - 06-25-2013 01:03 PM

(06-19-2013 11:02 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Another one is Lost Colony: Legend of Roanoake, I think it might have been made for Sci-Fi movie but it definitely had that ATOE feel.

@ATOEtalgeek, I think you may like this one.

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - MoonSylver - 06-26-2013 04:20 AM

(06-25-2013 01:03 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
---MSWatchmen01

Another one is Lost Colony: Legend of Roanoake, I think it might have been made for Sci-Fi movie but it definitely had that ATOE feel.

@ATOEtalgeek, I think you may like this one.

With Adrian Paul? I didn't think that at the time (I may have seen it BEFORE I played ATOE?), but I can see it now. Watchmen02

I haven't watched it yet, but I caved & picked up "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" just for this reason. Hoping it falls in line with this style of movie. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - themanfromsaturn - 06-26-2013 05:43 PM

That one is at the top of my netfix queue. Can't wait to see it. looks very ATOE friendly

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - MoonSylver - 06-27-2013 10:49 PM

I watched W:tBAU last night. I did enjoy it quite a bit. I could see the ATOE vibe particularly well in the first half. It took a little bit of a turn toward the end that I wasn't crazy about (& focused on THAT twist a bit too much). I also wasn't crazy about the choice of "bad guy" (if you've seen, you know what I mean), but overall I did like it quite a bit & it seemed set up for a sequel?

Hoping to watch H&G:WH tonight. Watchmen02

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - MoonSylver - 06-28-2013 04:09 PM

Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - StayPuft - 07-01-2013 01:54 AM

(06-28-2013 04:09 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

Is that one that is on the instant Netflix? I feel like I recall seeing it there. I may have to check that out.

RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie) - MoonSylver - 07-01-2013 04:45 AM

(07-01-2013 01:54 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 04:09 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

Is that one that is on the instant Netflix? I feel like I recall seeing it there. I may have to check that out.

I don't know. I don't have Netflix. I caved & bought the DVD. Glad I did. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01