TheZombieGame.com Forums
On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. (/Thread-On-work-and-zombies-the-lanyard-war)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - mqstout - 03-07-2013 10:52 PM

What would a Brit call a lanyard?

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - friskers96 - 03-07-2013 11:41 PM

I think they call it the same thing, it's just spelled different (laniard).

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - samuraitrev - 03-08-2013 12:13 AM

I wear one everyday at work. I work in a school. We just call them staff IDs.

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - mqstout - 03-08-2013 01:24 AM

Lanyard is the... loop that it attaches to. Keys are often attached to them. Or a loop on the end of a flashlight so you don't drop it...

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - friskers96 - 03-08-2013 02:12 AM

Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - jimbal - 03-08-2013 02:40 AM

My lanyard says zombie killer, maybe you need to get a lanyard that is not sympathetic to zombies. She could just be prejudiced against the undead...and marihuana.

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - samuraitrev - 03-08-2013 02:56 AM

(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...

Those things are called Aglets. The only reason I know that is a character in the Leslie Neilsen film Repossessed was called Nancy Aglet and she explained her name. Jeez I need to get out more...

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - Kevthenurse - 03-08-2013 05:46 AM

Same store I found the lanyard I have? Spencers? I will check it out.

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - friskers96 - 03-08-2013 06:26 AM

(03-08-2013 02:56 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Off topic: talking about things that we see everyday but don't know what they are called. What is the name of the plastic thingie on the ends of a shoelace...

Those things are called Aglets. The only reason I know that is a character in the Leslie Neilsen film Repossessed was called Nancy Aglet and she explained her name. Jeez I need to get out more...

That's is the same movie I learned it from! LOL!

RE: On work and zombies...the lanyard war. - Old Dwarf - 03-08-2013 11:29 AM

I also wear one everyday at work-they are state issued,but as far as I know you can use a personal one.
They hold out ID Badges & trigger our electronic locks.

The Judiciary has no written dress code beyond business casual but as God's Gift to middle managment,
I have to enforce the dress code that does not officialy exist.It can get interesting as if the offending party
does not comply it's considered insupordination.

OD