TheZombieGame.com Forums
Anyone else play MTG? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: Anyone else play MTG? (/Thread-Anyone-else-play-MTG)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone else play MTG? - mspicer95 - 05-22-2013 11:34 PM

Any other Magic: The Gathering fans here?

If so, what do you run? What's your favorite creature/enchantment/PLaneswalker/etc?

Personally, I am super psyched about my new reanimator deck. Centered around Jin-Gataxias, so there are lots of Burial Rites in there. Additionally, there are a few Zombie Infestation cards, so everytime you draw seven cards and have to discard them..... they turn into zombies.

Add in a few Cathar's Crusades and BAM! Every zombie you summon gets ANOTHER +1/+1 counter. And since you summon around three each turn, those counters add up quickly.

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - abomination - 05-23-2013 01:12 AM

Always nice to talk to fellow magic players. how long have you been playing.
I have allot of decks but currently I am running a 46 land maze's end deck, a version of a bomber man deck, and a zur's weirding abundace deck with hex proof creatures and a bunch of auras.

Anyone else play MTG? - Lythaeum - 05-23-2013 12:26 PM

I play Magic: the Gathering when I can. I am the only one of my friends with game buying addictions. So I have like 40 or so decks all ok vs each other. My favorite decks are zombie based. I have one that is legal before return to ravnica, one that is extended and the last is the fun one that draws from all. The only deck I have that beats the last. Movie deck is one built to do that. So I never get to play my favorite version.

I like archenemy and plane chase the best. My favorite multiplayer is Five single color decks with the players seated as per the back of the card.

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - LabRat - 05-23-2013 05:48 PM

I used to play MTG (this is what got me into gaming) between 4th Ed and Weatherlight.

Yes, it's been that long.

Anyway, my main deck at the time was a Red/Green blaster/weenie combination that utilized Kird Apes, Lightning Bolts, Llanowar Elves, Giant Growths and Blood Lusts.

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - abomination - 05-24-2013 01:19 AM

(05-23-2013 05:48 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I used to play MTG (this is what got me into gaming) between 4th Ed and Weatherlight.

Yes, it's been that long.

Anyway, my main deck at the time was a Red/Green blaster/weenie combination that utilized Kird Apes, Lightning Bolts, Llanowar Elves, Giant Growths and Blood Lusts.

Don't feel bad I started during ice age right in the middle of necropoteneces reign.

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - friskers96 - 05-24-2013 04:04 AM

Necropotence.... I still have that card on my nightstand so I can draw cards when I wake up in the morning...

Anyone else play MTG? - sickboy - 05-24-2013 10:49 PM

I used to play a black deck comprised mostly of zombies. The aim was to get as many zombie tokens as possible into play and then boost them with undead war chief

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - soundguy - 05-25-2013 03:28 AM

i play.

got a card the other day.. legion of the damned. it';s sorc spell. expensive but drops like 11 zed tokens on the board. Watchmen02

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - abomination - 05-25-2013 03:51 AM

(05-25-2013 03:28 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i play.

got a card the other day.. legion of the damned. it';s sorc spell. expensive but drops like 11 zed tokens on the board. Watchmen02

I think you mean army of the damned it's a sweet card if you can cast it.

I get the feeling most of us play predominately black cards.

RE: Anyone else play MTG? - ZombieWaffle - 05-25-2013 03:03 PM

(05-25-2013 03:51 AM)abomination Wrote:  
(05-25-2013 03:28 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i play.

I think you mean army of the damned it's a sweet card if you can cast it.

I get the feeling most of us play predominately black cards.

Its funny that this is being brought up, the Fiance and I just got into the game through her sister and brother in law about a month or so ago. For me, its my second go at the game. The first time I played was Onslaught through the beginning of the Kamigawa sets, which is the reason I left, because the ninja/samurai theme didn't feel right in the game to me.

Now I am back in and the 2 of us have 2 decks each. We are both building our third decks over the next couple months. Right now I have a blue mill deck, and a red/black artifact deck focused on blowing my own things up for massive damage. She has a sliver deck and an insane token deck that literally puts hundreds of tokens on the board.

My next deck will be zombie themed and based on a deck I played years ago. Gravecrawler + Carrion Feeder + Grave Pact & Grave Betrayal. Throw in some Vengeful Dead or Diregraf captains and its game over after about 3 sacrifices.