Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else play MTG?
05-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Anyone else play MTG?
Any other Magic: The Gathering fans here?

If so, what do you run? What's your favorite creature/enchantment/PLaneswalker/etc?

Personally, I am super psyched about my new reanimator deck. Centered around Jin-Gataxias, so there are lots of Burial Rites in there. Additionally, there are a few Zombie Infestation cards, so everytime you draw seven cards and have to discard them..... they turn into zombies.

Add in a few Cathar's Crusades and BAM! Every zombie you summon gets ANOTHER +1/+1 counter. And since you summon around three each turn, those counters add up quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: Anyone else play MTG?
Always nice to talk to fellow magic players. how long have you been playing.
I have allot of decks but currently I am running a 46 land maze's end deck, a version of a bomber man deck, and a zur's weirding abundace deck with hex proof creatures and a bunch of auras.

Eating brains and taking names.
05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Anyone else play MTG?
I play Magic: the Gathering when I can. I am the only one of my friends with game buying addictions. So I have like 40 or so decks all ok vs each other. My favorite decks are zombie based. I have one that is legal before return to ravnica, one that is extended and the last is the fun one that draws from all. The only deck I have that beats the last. Movie deck is one built to do that. So I never get to play my favorite version.

I like archenemy and plane chase the best. My favorite multiplayer is Five single color decks with the players seated as per the back of the card.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
I used to play MTG (this is what got me into gaming) between 4th Ed and Weatherlight.

Yes, it's been that long.

Anyway, my main deck at the time was a Red/Green blaster/weenie combination that utilized Kird Apes, Lightning Bolts, Llanowar Elves, Giant Growths and Blood Lusts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2013, 01:19 AM
(05-23-2013 05:48 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I used to play MTG (this is what got me into gaming) between 4th Ed and Weatherlight.

Yes, it's been that long.

Anyway, my main deck at the time was a Red/Green blaster/weenie combination that utilized Kird Apes, Lightning Bolts, Llanowar Elves, Giant Growths and Blood Lusts.

Don't feel bad I started during ice age right in the middle of necropoteneces reign.

Eating brains and taking names.
05-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Necropotence.... I still have that card on my nightstand so I can draw cards when I wake up in the morning...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Anyone else play MTG?
I used to play a black deck comprised mostly of zombies. The aim was to get as many zombie tokens as possible into play and then boost them with undead war chief
05-25-2013, 03:28 AM
i play.

got a card the other day.. legion of the damned. it';s sorc spell. expensive but drops like 11 zed tokens on the board. Watchmen02
05-25-2013, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 03:52 AM by abomination.)
(05-25-2013 03:28 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i play.

got a card the other day.. legion of the damned. it';s sorc spell. expensive but drops like 11 zed tokens on the board. Watchmen02

I think you mean army of the damned it's a sweet card if you can cast it.

I get the feeling most of us play predominately black cards.
05-25-2013, 03:03 PM
(05-25-2013 03:51 AM)abomination Wrote:  
(05-25-2013 03:28 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i play.

I think you mean army of the damned it's a sweet card if you can cast it.

I get the feeling most of us play predominately black cards.

Its funny that this is being brought up, the Fiance and I just got into the game through her sister and brother in law about a month or so ago. For me, its my second go at the game. The first time I played was Onslaught through the beginning of the Kamigawa sets, which is the reason I left, because the ninja/samurai theme didn't feel right in the game to me.

Now I am back in and the 2 of us have 2 decks each. We are both building our third decks over the next couple months. Right now I have a blue mill deck, and a red/black artifact deck focused on blowing my own things up for massive damage. She has a sliver deck and an insane token deck that literally puts hundreds of tokens on the board.

My next deck will be zombie themed and based on a deck I played years ago. Gravecrawler + Carrion Feeder + Grave Pact & Grave Betrayal. Throw in some Vengeful Dead or Diregraf captains and its game over after about 3 sacrifices.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!