TheZombieGame.com Forums
Snow Day!!! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: Snow Day!!! (/Thread-Snow-Day)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Snow Day!!! - Cinatus - 01-08-2014 05:20 PM

We haven't had the snow over on this side. But in this great state of Minnesota we were fighting the the wind chill that got us to -50 ℉ so we were not fortenet to get the day off. I'm very jelus of this snow day event.

RE: Snow Day!!! - StayPuft - 01-08-2014 05:40 PM

(01-08-2014 03:09 PM)Sarku Wrote:  LOL... Zombie17

I think it's more the lack of personal interaction that's the key. At my old job, my office used to be in the basement as well. I had a huge window though and access to anyone that passed by because of the location. Now, I constantly have my tv on just to make some noise and keep it not so quiet.

Funny enough, I think part of why I personally don't like working from home is psychological. For some reason, my brain just kind of connects being home on a work day (other than when I happen to have off for a holiday or whatever) as being "out of work." For some reason, I can't disconnect that in my brain. So, even though I have a job, and am just working from home, it sort of feels like being unemployed. That is only part of why I don't like it, though. I can't really put my finger on all of the reasons, though. For whatever reason, I just don't like it. It is good to have the ability to work from home, so I am glad I can when needed, but I would prefer to do it as little as possible.

RE: Snow Day!!! - Old Dwarf - 01-22-2014 06:09 AM

One Mo Time.....Yes, The NJ Courts are closed againWatchmen02
Another Snow Day, plus REALLY low temps & wind.

No snow of any amount for several years & now
wham...Winter Wonder Land.

OD

RE: Snow Day!!! - alderdust - 01-22-2014 07:44 AM

We got roughly a foot of snow in the past 24 hours but they don't close the mountains...this isn't anything new. Last time we had a closing of work was when we had like 5 feet of snow.

RE: Snow Day!!! - SSTrunks85 - 01-22-2014 02:57 PM

Here in NC we get even the slightest hint that there might be snow and everything gets at least a 2 hour delay...so dumb. There is no reason for these delays lol.

RE: Snow Day!!! - Old Dwarf - 01-22-2014 04:20 PM

(01-22-2014 02:57 PM)SSTrunks85 Wrote:  Here in NC we get even the slightest hint that there might be snow and everything gets at least a 2 hour delay...so dumb. There is no reason for these delays lol.

I went to college in the eastern part of NC & when we got
the rare snow everyone went wild . I taught in the
Western part of NC (Mocksville) & had so much snow time
they made us hold classes on Saturday to make them up.

OD

RE: Snow Day!!! - StayPuft - 01-22-2014 06:07 PM

I am stuck working from home again today. It just didn't make sense to do battle with all that snow this morning. It should hopefully be better enough by tomorrow.

I actually stubbornly went in to the office yesterday. LOL! I do not like working from home. As it is, I wound up having to go home a couple hours early and finish off from home anyway.

But, it did my soul good to go in. I will never know why, but I do not really like working from home. Stuck there today, but hopefully not tomorrow.

RE: Snow Day!!! - Old Dwarf - 02-13-2014 02:10 PM

NOT AGAIN!! NJ closed for our latest, wet heavy snow, winds & now freezing rain.
So it's such a mess now we might be off Friday & Monday is a Holliday.

I could enjoy this (well except for all the shoveling ) but it just backs work
up.

OD

RE: Snow Day!!! - Old Dwarf - 03-03-2014 01:27 PM

You know the drill-ANOTHER Snow Day,& it's gonna be the biggest yet.The crappy part is that I took 4hrs personal time
for today to get my taxes done (that got postponed) but NJ has this rule that if you have scheduled time off & then
the Courts are closed you still have to take the time, so I'm out 4hrs.

The snow is suppose to go on until around 4PM so I may be shoveling in the dark but I guess that's what hot herb
tea & rum are for.

OD

RE: Snow Day!!! - stevey.ferret.lord - 03-03-2014 07:24 PM

We've had some interesting weather this side of the pond. But no snow as such... good job really few flakes and the entire country grinds to a halt. ?. Crazy