TheZombieGame.com Forums
The ideas keep coming - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: The ideas keep coming (/Thread-The-ideas-keep-coming)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The ideas keep coming - Achtung Panzer - 05-02-2014 03:04 PM

(05-02-2014 02:33 PM)sgiove Wrote:  For the DRAWN TO NOISE card, I think it might be more beneficial to a zombie player to not have this as a Remains in Play card but more like a reaction card when someone uses a gun (like Resilience).

If players know in advance what the ramifications of their actions will be, they will actively do their best to plan around it. Like Resilience, I could see multiple copies of this card in a zombie deck and use it to catch a hero by surprise when they fire a gun ("Whoops, I didn't think this through. That shot sure did make a lot of noise.")

I see (hear?) where you are coming from but humans already know that guns make a noise. So Remains In Play just means that the humans have to become more cautious before deciding to fire / conduct range combat which I think is more thematic. Perhaps this should be tied in to a specific scneario - e.g. the heroes must sneak past a Zombie Spawn nest?

RE: The ideas keep coming - Fizzgaz - 05-02-2014 03:09 PM

I have designed a scared cat card similar as a distraction it's on here somewhere. We decided on the remains in play as it works for and against heroes and zombies. Like if the heroes want to protect a character while it's in play, they can shoot a range weapon for fun and risk loosing it to draw zombies away. But the flip side is in a lot of our games heroes risk a search and then shoot a zombie on there or an adjacent spot, if this pulled more toward you it adds more risk. Plus we intend bringing silencer cards and already have a crossbow. We like cards that make you totally change your way of playing.

Actung, my group is big on the thematic game changer. Love it.
Cheers to you all for feedback

RE: The ideas keep coming - sgiove - 05-02-2014 03:32 PM

(05-02-2014 03:04 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I see (hear?) where you are coming from but humans already know that guns make a noise. So Remains In Play just means that the humans have to become more cautious before deciding to fire / conduct range combat which I think is more thematic. Perhaps this should be tied in to a specific scneario - e.g. the heroes must sneak past a Zombie Spawn nest?

But by that rationale, the guns don't make noise and players don't have to worry about them before the card is played (or after it is successfully removed)?

My thought was, unless you just make this an added rule to the game, the multiple "one instance" cards help to create that "uh oh" moment, much like Resilience does ("man, if I knew I was going to lose my gun when I shot that zombie, I'd have just not fired at all".)

I see it from both sides. Just putting a twist on the thought process.

Fizz, keep up the good work!

RE: The ideas keep coming - Fizzgaz - 05-02-2014 03:42 PM

I like both ways. I separate my cards into pre and post timber peak, so I might try one in pre and the other in post and see which is better

RE: The ideas keep coming - StayPuft - 05-02-2014 07:30 PM

Awesome! Loving them. They are all really cool, but I think my favorite of this group is "Don't open that door." It is kind of a neat/thematic idea that you are in a building when all of a sudden it is surrounded by zombies and you are trapped! ;-)

RE: The ideas keep coming - Fizzgaz - 05-02-2014 07:51 PM

Always a pleasure mr puft

RE: The ideas keep coming - samuraitrev - 05-03-2014 01:08 PM

(05-02-2014 02:09 PM)sgiove Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 11:01 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Blood Rage Awesome picture but I don't get it. The Zombies will have to move into the Heroes space during the Move Zombies Phase anyway.

Trev, keep in mind that this card doesn't seem to have any timing restrictions so I'm assuming it can be used AFTER the normal zombie movement phase to give zombies that end up a space adjacent to a hero an extra space of movement. This would give the zombie player a chance to move some zombies 2 spaces before the hero player can react. That's how I would elect to use it anyway.

Ah it makes sense now. This card could be used in the Hero Turn.

RE: The ideas keep coming - Fizzgaz - 05-03-2014 06:04 PM

[attachment=2705]

The ideas keep coming - BigDumbYak - 05-03-2014 06:23 PM

Haha! Man I haven't heard about Leroy Jenkins in a while. Where'd that pic come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: The ideas keep coming - Fizzgaz - 05-03-2014 06:28 PM

My mates idea and picture. I will ask him.