TheZombieGame.com Forums
Model truck scale? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Models & Painting (/Forum-Models-Painting)
+--- Thread: Model truck scale? (/Thread-Model-truck-scale)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Model truck scale? - SPARTAN VI - 06-26-2009 05:07 PM

Ryuk Wrote:You're right. My mistake. Was about to make an edit but you beat me to it.
I don't know if Maisto got their scale wrong or what.
But when I hold my Yat Ming GMC (1/43) up to the Maisto (1/36), the Yat Ming is slightly larger.
(Or does that mean Yat Ming got it wrong?)

Mm, perhaps the GMC is a larger truck in real life in comparison to the Ford (or is it a Chevy?) you have. It would have to be significantly larger to cover that discrepancy though.

RE: Model truck scale? - Canadian Pittbull - 06-27-2009 08:14 PM

SPARTAN VI Wrote:
Ryuk Wrote:
SPARTAN Wrote:Ended up bidding on an ebay item.

Wow-sa! I was hoping you'd look there!
Since you're over at BGG, I'm sure you've seen...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/245051

I won this same truck for 1 cent! (+$6 shipping).
It's by Maisto and the scale on the bottom of the truck says 1/36.
I also won a 1950 GMC from Yat Ming Road Signature Collection. ($3-4 and $3-4 in shipping). It's scale says 1:43. It's just slightly bigger than the Maisto but still usable.

I fear 1/50 scale may be too large. Please let me know.

(Sweet truck, zombie67!)

Actually the larger denominator indicates a smaller scale. So your 1/36 scale truck should actually be bigger than your 1/43. Think of it this way, 1/1 is its true size, so 1/2 would be half of its true size, 1/4 would be a quarter of its true size, 1/36 would be a 36th its true size and so on (you'd have to set 36 of these side by side in any which way to create its true dimensions). Probably a better way of explaining it, but that's my best shot.

I observed this in person while at my local train shop. I compared 4 F-100 models, a 1/84 (HO gauge), 1/50, 1/43, and 1/36.

Here's the 1948 Ford F-1 I'm currently bidding on, please don't outbid me! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270412580817&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123

It's 1/64 scale, which I've read is equivalent to 28-29mm figurines. I'm thinking it might be a bit small, but it's in my price range. Besides, smaller = more space on the board and in the box.

I couldn't bring myself to buy the $30 Athearn 1/50 scale 1956 Ford F-100.. Too expensive for one piece of this game, and it's too perfect to paint! Link: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH90953

[Image: ATH90953-450.jpg]

I actually ordered up two of these trucks. One in tip top shape and the other I will rust up a bit and give it some wear. Maybe create some rules for the use of the truck.

RE: Model truck scale? - SPARTAN VI - 06-28-2009 04:43 AM

Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I actually ordered up two of these trucks. One in tip top shape and the other I will give to SPARTAN VI, my bestest friend.

Zombie17

Hope that's not anyone from here that keeps trying to outbid me!! Was originally $1, now it's at $10. Insane19

Christ, now it's at $14... quit it!!!!

RE: Model truck scale? - Canadian Pittbull - 06-28-2009 04:46 AM

SPARTAN VI Wrote:
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I actually ordered up two of these trucks. One in tip top shape and the other I will give to SPARTAN VI, my bestest friend.

Zombie17

Hope that's not anyone from here that keeps trying to outbid me!! Was originally $1, now it's at $10. Insane19

Hehe your funny Spartan. And no I am not bidding on it as I ordered mine from a hobby store.

RE: Model truck scale? - SPARTAN VI - 06-28-2009 04:48 AM

Canadian Pittbull Wrote:
SPARTAN VI Wrote:

Zombie17

Hehe your funny Spartan. And no I am not bidding on it as I ordered mine from a hobby store.

Oh no, wasn't saying it was you. Watchmen02 Might be someone else from here though, it's coincidentally the hottest bidding item from this seller.

RE: Model truck scale? - Canadian Pittbull - 06-28-2009 05:02 AM

Oh no I know you were not pointing the finger at me. Just thought I would let you know that is was not me.

RE: Model truck scale? - SPARTAN VI - 06-28-2009 05:17 AM

Ah!!! Whomever it was made me spend $20 (including shipping) on that damn truck. Tried to sneak in a big at the very last second.

Hate you!!!

RE: Model truck scale? - SPARTAN VI - 07-20-2009 12:01 AM

Here's my Yat Ming 1948 Ford F1 pickup, 1/64 scale, just finished painting her up. Being guarded by a bunch of Zombie Heroes.

[Image: LNoE_truck.jpg]

[Image: LNoE_truck2.jpg]

RE: Model truck scale? - fallensaviour - 08-02-2009 03:43 PM

That red truck looks freaking cool.
I also use a 3d representation of the truck for our games as well.
I went to wal-mart an picked up a 1:43 scale matsio for around $2.96,I also managed to get a yellow tractor in 1:43 scale as well.
They look great,of course none of the doors open but when I bought them I wasn't sure how well the kids would take to the game and didn't want to spend money on something that wasn't going to get used.I may upgrade them soon but for now they look cool.
I will post some pics in a day or two as I'm currently out of town.

RE: Model truck scale? - quadraphonic - 08-21-2009 06:26 AM

Silly question, as it could simply be illustrated on the scenario card, but does anyone know what make model truck is on the Escape in the Truck photo?

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic215745_md.jpg