TheZombieGame.com Forums
Woodinvale Revisited - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Woodinvale Revisited (/Thread-Woodinvale-Revisited)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - Aoniken - 02-25-2015 12:28 PM

A little update on the hospital (thanks again, mqstout). I replaced the modern looking computer for some paper and stuff in the front desk.
I also finished the Airplane hangar. I hope the Dinner is ready for this weekend, so the second L-Board is finished soon.

Detailed view of the Hospital
[Image: Hospital1.jpg]

Detailed view of the Airplane Hangar
[Image: Hangar1.jpg]

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - BigDumbYak - 02-25-2015 06:35 PM

(02-24-2015 03:54 PM)mqstout Wrote:  One small thing to remember, Aoniken: The game's set in the 80s. I'm seeing flat screen monitors. Watchmen02

What? The 80's?
I never got that feeling at all while playing. Maybe late 90's due to the lack of obvious cellphones and stuff. Is the timeframe stated somewhere?

(02-25-2015 12:28 PM)Aoniken Wrote:  

This really is some beautiful work
Although I'd be lying to myself if I didn't point out that the fact that the plane can't leave the hangar doesn't drive me a little crazy Zombie03

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - Aoniken - 02-25-2015 07:10 PM

(02-25-2015 06:35 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 03:54 PM)mqstout Wrote:  One small thing to remember, Aoniken: The game's set in the 80s. I'm seeing flat screen monitors. Watchmen02

What? The 80's?
I never got that feeling at all while playing. Maybe late 90's due to the lack of obvious cellphones and stuff. Is the timeframe stated somewhere?

(02-25-2015 12:28 PM)Aoniken Wrote:  

This really is some beautiful work
Although I'd be lying to myself if I didn't point out that the fact that the plane can't leave the hangar doesn't drive me a little crazy Zombie03

I don’t know if there’s a precise timeframe, but I think its obviously not present day… so, flat screens and cellphones doesn’t belong here.

About the plane, it bothers me too, but there’s a division in the double door of the original board too, to prevent players from moving diagonally. Also, I calculate the extent of each square by 3x3 mts… that’s too little room for a plane!
can you help me think another option for this?

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - samuraitrev - 02-26-2015 12:45 AM

Maybe the hanger houses plane parts. As for the dividing wall maybe just put an obstruction there. An engine, barricades a pile of bodies?

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - mqstout - 02-27-2015 03:16 PM

Break down the plane, its nose is the separator.

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - Aoniken - 02-27-2015 04:23 PM

(02-26-2015 12:45 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Maybe the hanger houses plane parts. As for the dividing wall maybe just put an obstruction there. An engine, barricades a pile of bodies?
(02-27-2015 03:16 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Break down the plane, its nose is the separator.

I still think the separation must be structural. I mean, part of the building. none of the objects on the board limit your movement, so... what about a triple metal courtain? two open, one (in the middle) closed? or maybe one big metal courtain in the other wall, but closed?

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - MoonSylver - 02-27-2015 05:46 PM

I'm sure your options of planes is probably limited, but that's actually a British WWI Biplane too. Might want to at least photoshop out the cockades on the wings so that it's not as noticeable.

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - Aoniken - 02-27-2015 05:56 PM

(02-27-2015 05:46 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'm sure your options of planes is probably limited, but that's actually a British WWI Biplane too. Might want to at least photoshop out the cockades on the wings so that it's not as noticeable.

Jajajaj! I mistook it with a french one (the flag is the same, but reversed).
Thats the reason for those posters in the wall if you look closely Zombie03
I think its ok if they have a British Biplane... maybe somebodys grandfather is an inmigrant?

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - Aoniken - 02-27-2015 07:43 PM

A new version (Low res, and without fx for now) of the hangar, with a bigger door in the back. Now you can fly without problems, if you get that open Zombie17
Not so sure about removing the cockades, however...

[Image: LNOE_Hangar2.jpg]

RE: Woodinvale Revisited - samuraitrev - 02-28-2015 08:21 PM

Looking great. I love the fact you want the boards to be as realistic as possible. Keep up the good work!Zombie17