Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some Zombie player tips
08-23-2011, 02:47 AM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips
I think that one major mistake that people playing zombies make is treating their zombies like they are heroes. If I lose 5 zombies making them drop their pump shotgun or pistol (where they can't easily pick it back up), I consider that zombies well spent. Especially if you are playing a Zombie Autospawn scenario, treat them like the fodder that they are, and realize that every hero card that you force them to play, every ammo check they have to make, and every hand weapon break check, is all slowing down their game... and in most scenarios, that's enough to force them to get desperate and stupid later on in the game.

Also, definitely reiterating the cycling of cards. Ideally, the only time that you hold onto a card is a MAJOR game changing card that you are CERTAIN to be able to use. Last Night on Earth is a great card, but if they make you waste 5 turns before you can play it, they've basically cost you 5 cards for that effect... There are very, very few times that it is worth it to cost 5 cards... (I do like the one that allows Zombies to use a weapon from the Heroes' Graveyard, because if there is an instant kill or guaranteed kill in there, you can drop a Sam with full life... That's one of the few cards I hang onto for more than it takes to dump it.)

One card that I held onto recently was Locked Doors. She had a T.J. Thoroughbred, and I knew she was going to be making her play within a few turns... so she used T.J. and found herself riding headlong into a locked door. Even if it wasn't a great tactical advantage, the thought of her riding face first into the door was just too good to pass up Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need some Zombie player tips - kirkhere - 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - Esturk - 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - jhwedmd - 08-05-2011, 02:23 AM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - Esturk - 08-05-2011, 03:16 AM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - Esturk - 08-08-2011, 11:25 PM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - Esturk - 08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
RE: Need some Zombie player tips - Magravan - 08-23-2011 02:47 AM