Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to paint a Zombie (3 styles: Freshly Arisen, Rigor Mortis & Putrified Matter
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 07:03 PM by vikinglad.)
RE: How to paint a Zombie (3 styles: Freshly Arisen, Rigor Mortis & Putrified Matter
Beautiful as always! I eat these tutorials of yours up. I am trying to paint my minis after a 20 year hiatus, and these techniques are beyond what I used to do in middle school. I love your notes on the gore. My old lead minis are all sprayed and oozing, but the technique just wasn't there.

I have always used Testors enamel paints. The wash stage has been challenging for me as I never used to do this, and I am cutting the paint with thinner, which tends to want to take off the original coat. I did Billy first, which came out pretty good, but I screwed up the varnish; it is super thick. I am almost done with Becky and Father Joe, and will post them all in a gallery soon.

Where are these minis from? Did you wash the oils off before the undercoat, like you mention in your other turorial?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to paint a Zombie (3 styles: Freshly Arisen, Rigor Mortis & Putrified Matter - vikinglad - 01-06-2011 07:02 PM