Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I not loving the fence post?
01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Why am I not loving the fence post?
The fence post is mentioned on these forums often as a bonafide zombie-slaying tool. Am I missing something? It never does much for me at all. Since it is a two-handed weapon, I can't have a ranged weapon. This essentially makes it a range 1 ranged attack that I have to roll doubles on, as well as at least one dice above the zombie roll, to hit (granted it can hit multiple zeds, but so can the shotty). I do get 1 extra fight dice, but the bat and chainsaw seem cooler, esp when I can have a shotgun in the other hand. Is it because it never breaks? How can I cause my zombies more anguish with this thing?

From Jason Hill on BGG:
The Fence Post has a 'Combat Bonus:' that lets you roll an extra Fight Dice. It also allows you to Fight every Zombie in one adjacent space at the end of your move. If the Zombie wins, nothing happens. If you win and get doubles, the Zombie dies as normal. These Fights with Zombies in an adjacent space are in addition (and occur before) any normal Fights in your own space. Of course, you get to use the extra Fight Dice Combat Bonus in all of these Fights (in your own space and adjacent).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why am I not loving the fence post? - vikinglad - 01-12-2011 11:01 PM