Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doc Brody!
01-09-2012, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 03:57 PM by Twilight_Sonata.)
Doc Brody!
I have officially decided to convert all of the Townsfolk into playable Heroes one-by-one. I've been thinking about each of them on an off rather than devoting myself to doing just one at a time. Some are a lot easier than others because their card effects have a unique mechanical theme, but some are a lot harder because their mechanical themes are very generic. Anyway, this thread is for Doc Brody. Tell me what you think!

DOC BRODY
COUNTRY PHYSICIAN
Medical - Male
START: HOSPITAL

Special Rules:
IMMUNITY - Cannot be turned into a Zombie Hero.
TREATMENT - May give up his Hero Turn (he must survive any Zombie fights in his space) to Fully Heal another Hero in his space and cancel Bitten or I Feel Kinda Strange on that Hero.
3 Health Boxes

This was actually a pretty big challenge, and I'm still not sure that I have it right. Doc Brody should definitely have the ability to heal his allies, but the challenge becomes to balance his ability with Becky's without making either obsolete and without making their combination too good. I decided that I wanted Doc Brody to be better at healing (being able to heal multiple wounds from or even fully heal another hero) but that he would have to sacrifice a lot more to do it, Becky being able to simply bandage somebody up pretty quickly but Brody being much more deliberate and thorough in his practice. I think that requiring him to give up his whole Hero Turn (and fight Zombies) to fully heal and also remove Bitten or I Feel Kinda Strange sounds like a fair trade. It's certainly not something that he'll be wanting to spend his time doing every turn, like how Becky often uses her own ability, but he may be able to provide a much more significant benefit when it really counts.

Other than that, it's implied through some cards that Doc Brody has dealt with Zombies before, so I just thought that Immunity might be a cool and thematically fitting ability. I can't imagine it being that significant in play, though.

So what do you think? Treatment too good? Not good enough? Is Immunity more significant than I think that it is? Let me know. Also, first person to reply gets to pick which Townsfolk I post next!

EDIT: Most Recent Version...

DOC BRODY
COUNTRY PHYSICIAN
Medical - Male
START: HOSPITAL

Special Rules:
IMMUNITY - Cannot be turned into a Zombie Hero.
TREATMENT - May give up his Hero Turn (he must survive any Zombie fights in his space) to Fully Heal another Hero in his space.
3 Health Boxes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Doc Brody! - Twilight_Sonata - 01-09-2012 06:36 AM
RE: Doc Brody! - mqstout - 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - Twilight_Sonata - 01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - PJON - 01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - Twilight_Sonata - 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - mqstout - 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - Twilight_Sonata - 01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Doc Brody! - mqstout - 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM