Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May I have acess to the downloads section?
08-08-2012, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 12:44 AM by Tragic.)
RE: May I have acess to the downloads section?
(08-07-2012 09:53 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I know it is a standard of this site to prefer a user to hang around for a little while and post a bit before gaining access. That is for good reasons, so I support that.

Well as a new user and a frequenter of many communities and also a admin of a 3 popular ones as well I have to completely disagree. While I understand the motivation for what the admins are doing here it is, imo, the completely WRONG thing to do.

Forcing members to go though a "coolness" test and a approval system before they can access the site properly seams elitist at worst and unfriendly at best, and I would suspect looses you more members that it creates.

Ask any web designer about building communities or getting user participation and the 1st thing they will tell you is to streamline or even remove the entire registration process.

if you are a fan site you should be happy with that and provide what resources you wish. The community itself should make people hang around, not some imposed rules from on high forcing people to hang around. I suspect that a lot of people come here and nvr come back and this would be a major reason for that. I know I wouldn't have come back apart that I saw MythosGamer here and I have a relationship with that guy form BGG.

Now I am not saying you guys are not a good community or fun or w/e.. You seam like you are.. but I really think this policy is in fact hurting your community.. not aiding it.

(08-07-2012 09:53 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  However, I would like to say that, when the great and powerful rulers of this site deem that Tragic has succeeded in doing this, I want to throw in that I am in support of this request.

Thanks man.. that is nice of you to say!

Roll High!!
Youtube: TragicTheBlathering
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: May I have acess to the downloads section? - Tragic - 08-08-2012 12:42 AM