Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
01-03-2013, 06:26 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
I had played the original game several times, but I bought Timber Peak for myself to use as a standalone, and I think it works really well. Narrative-wise, I like the notion of the "next chapter" as other have alluded to in this thread, but I also think it's just a really solid game. It takes what was good about LNoE and amps it up with some fun new elements like experience and fire. The fire rules took a fair bit of reading and re-reading to really get the hang of (particularly regarding the Heroes starting and/or using them to light explosives), but otherwise it's a sleek rules updates.

I'd also put in a big thumbs up for the board and for the scenarios. TP features a lot of interesting buildings - and almost every building has a Pick-Up, which is something I don't remember being the case with LNoE (though I may be wrong). Additionally, the scenarios are a lot of fun. I enjoyed the 'introduction' scenario Learn to Survive a lot more than the original intro scenario Die, Zombies, Die, and the other three are all a lot of fun too.

So I'd wholeheartedly recommend it - whether you have the original or not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - Wordsmith08 - 01-03-2013 06:26 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM