Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-15-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: I really really want to like AToE
(11-14-2012 02:19 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  [am not playing by the rules, being that when I discard an item to gain it's ability, I typically remove it from game. Thinking if I were to destroy a book in real life in order to get it's secret power, I wouldn't have access to that book again.

Hmm. I don't looking at it as I'm "destroying" it merely "consulting" it or "borrowing" it as the case may be.

At any rate. I didn't catch on to that tactic right away. It was when I realized decks that are in a Stack as opposed to a Pile get discraded back to the stack to make them available again, UNLESS some effect come up that targets them as "Remove From Game" (Book Burning, anyone?) Currently that includes Town & Monostary Items, Hauntings & Tidewater Encounters.

Once I did, it was a HUGE game changer, as I was getting anihillated constantly by Remains In Play Mystery events I couldn't cancel. As it si now, they can hurt & possibly even cause you to lose if you're too far away or can't afford it. & even if you can, the lost time & Investigation having to sidetrack to deal with them still hurts.

(11-15-2012 04:28 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 04:32 PM)LabRat Wrote:  That's why I make it a point to buy a Horse even if I don't need it - it only costs 2 Investigation and can easily be discarded for any effects that require you to discard items.

Never thought of that. Cheap cannon fodder. although it takes up 1 of your 3 items spaces, not bad at the beginning of the game.

Another good one (if you have The Allies) & have an Ally you hold dear ( can afford it) is to make sure to pick up one of the Militia Men from the Town Items. That way if you're called apon to lose allies you can sacrafice him since he's replacable. Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - MoonSylver - 11-15-2012 11:29 PM