Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's an idea
07-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Here's an idea
So, a friend and I have been brainstorming ways in which we could integrate the game Risk into Fortune and Glory. We're big fans of both games, so we thought we might as well try to combine the two for an added layer of unnecessary complexity/self-punishment.

The FANG map itself functions pretty well as an alternate Risk map, but we decided to make just a few changes.

For starters, we've had to redefine the continents because of the differences from the original Risk map. The following is a list of continents and their constituent territories (with bonus armies granted for control of a whole territory in parentheses):

North America (5): Great White North, Pacific Northwest, The Heartland, The Southwest, Bayou, Mexico, Yucatan, The Caribbean

South America (2): Amazon Falls, The Andes, Amazon Jungle, The Devil's Reach

Africa (3): Ivory Coast, Sahara, Egypt, Heart of Africa, Serengeti, Congo Jungle, South Africa, Forbidden Islands

Europe (5): British Isles, Scandinavia, Western Europe, Germany, The Alps, Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe

Asia (7): Russia, Siberia, the Steppes, Manchuria, China, Persia, The Himalayas, Arabia, India, Indonesian Jungle

Australia (2): Outback, New Zealand, South Pacific Islands

Antarctica (1): Ancient Mountains, Antarctica

We've also come up with (WWII) period-specific factions that would be represented by each color:

Green = United States
Blue = British Empire
Red = Soviet Russia
Yellow = Imperial Japan
Black = Nazi Germany
Gray = Fascist Italy

We've brainstormed some ways that these factions and their armies interact with Heroes and Villains on the board. In effect, certain factions hire Heroes to acquire rare and powerful artifacts to give them a winning edge in the war. If I find that others are interested in this idea, I'll elaborate more in a future post.

For now, feel free to let me know what you think of our ideas so far, and if you have any brainstorms you'd like to share.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Here's an idea - jrb14 - 07-15-2015 05:18 PM
Update - jrb14 - 07-16-2015, 07:30 PM