Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
A few of my own rules
01-12-2011, 10:05 PM
A few of my own rules
I was thinking about the game mechanics and it stunned me that few so obvious to me are missing. They are obvious because before board games I had experience with battle games and the following points are common in most battle systems. My points are:
a) Now the game brings no bonus for fighting multiple zombies. In my opinion the game should bring some rules for that situation, for example - each zombie gains an additional fight dice for every other zombie in the same place during the fight phase. And the same goes for multiple heroes vs. one zombie.
b) When a hero wants to leave a space with a zombie he rolls a dice and subtracts 1 for each zombie in that space. On a result of 2+ he can move away normally. I was also thinking about giving some handicap in the fight phase this turn if he fails(the hero wanted to run away but tripped or sprained an ankle so it's more difficult to fight).
C) When a hero shoots to a space with a zombie and another hero, after hitting he rolls a dice. Subtract 1 for each hero in that space. On a result of 2+ the zombie is hit. If the roll fails a hero is hit (if there are more than 1 hero roll a dice to randomly detect which one was hit).

I had also posted them on bgg forum when discussing the issue of 'too weak zombies'. As I mentioned I consider those rule a blatant shortage in the game since they are in almost every skirmish battle system and obviously bring more reality to the game. And a) hurts me the most. I recently had a situation (also described on bgg forum) when Jenny with a chainsaw and crowbar deliberately moved into a space so that 3 zombies were forced to attack here due to Zombie hunger. That simply allowed her to slain them one by one. It turned out later that the zombies were escaping from here, not the opposite, sicne with those 2 weapons she was unstoppable and 'immortal'. I consider this ridiculous and a total failure in the game atmosphere.

I was also wondering about some cards that could support my rules. You can have hero cards (event/items) that give you bonuses. For example an event 'precise eye' adds 1 for the hitting dice when shooting to a zombie/hero group. Or an item 'gun sight' can give you an ability to re-roll this dice. Next an event card 'speed' can re-roll the 'avoid fight' roll. And more over a card "Come on! I'll take you all on !!!' (Ok, an almost quote from transformers 2 :>) to give a hero an additional dice for every more-then-one zombie in a fight :> (or maybe cancel the zombie bonus dices). You can think of equivalents for the zombie cards.

What do you guys think about that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A few of my own rules - serdel - 01-12-2011 10:05 PM
RE: A few of my own rules - mqstout - 01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
RE: A few of my own rules - vikinglad - 01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
RE: A few of my own rules - serdel - 01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
RE: A few of my own rules - vikinglad - 01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
RE: A few of my own rules - serdel - 01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
RE: A few of my own rules - vikinglad - 01-13-2011, 01:43 AM
RE: A few of my own rules - mqstout - 01-12-2011, 11:58 PM