Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
11-10-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
I've played Timber Peak at least 4 times now, and here's what I can say:

As an expansion, well, it didn't work for me. The feel is really different, it's like its own game, unlike how Growing Hunger made the base set much better. The new Hero and Zombie cards seem overpowered when compared to the older cards, and I can't seem to get over my hesitation of mixing all the cards together and end up with 105-card decks total. The boards also don't completely mesh - I don't like the possibility of having two Hospitals, Police Stations, Diners, in the same board. A Saw Mill in the small town? And some buildings, when used in the base set, can really shift the balance towards the Heroes.

Does that mean this isn't worth it? No! As a stand-alone set, this is great! While having one less than the base, there are no dud scenarios in Timber Peak, each one of them is fun to play. The Timber Peak board is better than the base board, and the experience system adds a new layer to the game without being game-breaking. I found the new characters lacking though. FFP really knocked it out of the park with the first main cast of characters, it's going to be hard to top that.

I'm sticking with what I said before playing Timber Peak - I'll keep both separate and bring select components from one game to another as needed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LabRat - 11-10-2012 03:41 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM