Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
Personally, from my experience (and the fact that, being a Stand Alone expansion, it contains so much) I think keeping them separate is the right call. Well, separate for the most part, anyway. I think it is definitely worth it to combine them.

I definitely get what you are saying about winding up with two police stations on the board, or two hospitals, etc. However, they did make Timber Peak so it could be an expansion, but also could be played as a separate game. So, a town without a police station and/or hospital would seem a little weird. LOL! If/when you combine them, you can always get around that by simply picking something else if two similar board pieces come up.

I actually have to say, I really like the new characters. Especially Ed. I think they have that small town feel while still be different enough from the characters we have had before. But, I guess I can see where some may not like them. To each his own. :-)

Overall, like I said, I agree with you. I think they work best mainly kept as two separate games. The original and the sequel. Especially to avoid the problem of the decks getting WAY too big.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - StayPuft - 11-13-2012 08:28 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it? - LSD - 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM