Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie reviews (titles starting with C)
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Dawn of the Dead is a friggin masterpiece
So I finally bought a bluray player because my very old DVD/VCR combo was starting to skip on brand new DVDs. I was pleasantly surprised to see how affordable they are now.

After a minor setback in which my dog (named Bandit but probably should be called Destructo) chewed up the new HDMI cable I bought, package and all, I hooked up the player today. While I was out buying a new cable I bought my first movie on bluray - Dawn of the Dead (2004), the director's cut.

I watched it this afternoon and was wowed. I had forgotten how action-packed and entertaining Dawn is! I wrote a more lengthy review for Dawn and I have given it the coveted 5 tasty brains rating. While the 1968 Night of the Living Dead and shambling zombies will always hold a special place in my heart, I think the 2004 Dawn just may be the best zombie flick of all time.

Hmmm, I think I will put up a poll for the one zombie movie you would pick if you could only watch one for the rest of your life.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dawn of the Dead is a friggin masterpiece - goodcop2000 - 04-18-2013 09:44 PM